GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor On/Off Wall Switch
Z-Wave On/Off Switch With Vacancy/Occupancy Sensing
Add Z-Wave control to your wired light fixture all while adding a way to save energy by replacing your traditional switch with the GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor Wall Switch. This Z-Wave light switch has a built-in PIR motion sensor that serves as a vacancy or occupancy sensor. This means it will automatically turn on the light when you enter the room and automatically turn it off when the room is empty. You can also manually turn the light on/off through your Z-Wave controller or by using the local button switch. A blue LED indicator helps guide you to the switch through the dark.
- Works with incandescent, LED, CFL, and halogen bulbs
- The sensor can be set to occupancy, vacancy, or manual mode
- Suitable for single-pole or multi-pole applications
- Can be included in multiple groups or scenes
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- 5 time-out duration options (5 seconds to 30 minutes) and up to 180-degree detection coverage
- Uses a standard decorative-size wallplate (sold separately)
The switch's motion sensor can be set to occupancy mode, vacancy mode, or manual mode. In vacancy mode, a person has to manually turn the light on, but the light will turn off after the room has become vacant (no motion detected). In occupancy mode, the light automatically turns on when a person enters the room and also optionally only if the room is dark, and then automatically turns off when the room becomes vacant. In manual mode, the motion sensor does not come into play and lights must be turned on/off manually, either at the button switch or via Z-Wave.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
The GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor Wall Switch works with incandescent lighting up to 960 Watts or a load up to 1/2 HP or 1800W/15A resistive. The switch supports single-pole or multi-pole applications and works in conjunction with up to four add-on switches (requires the rocker-style add-on switch part# JA46199, sold separately). This model can also be included in multiple zones/scenes.
The switch requires a standard screw terminal installation with wiring connections for Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground. The multi-pole installation also requires a traveler wire.
- Requires a Z-Wave network controller.
- Wallplate not included. Uses standard single-gang wallplate.
- For indoor use only.
GE: Leader And Innovator In Electronics
Established in 1975, GE Products is a leader in the design and development of home automation products and wireless accessories. GE develops consumer electronic accessories, computer accessories, home electrical products, and personal security and surveillance products. The company is also an active member of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
- Manufacturer Part #: 26931-P1
- Power: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz (U.S.)
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Maximum Loads: 960W incandescent, 1/2 HP Motor or 1800W (15A) Resistive
- Wireless Range: Up to 150 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Environmental: For indoor use only
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years