GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor On/Off Wall Switch (Gen5)
Add Z-Wave & Vacancy/Occupancy Sensing to Lights
With both Z-Wave technology and a built-in PIR motion sensor, the GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor On/Off Wall Switch (Gen5) gives you remote control over your wired light fixture. The switch also provides automatic control based on the room's occupancy and/or light levels, and local control via the button switch. A blue LED indicator helps guide you to the switch through the dark.
- Works with incandescent, LED, xenon, halogen and fluorescent lighting
- Sensor can be set to occupancy, vacancy, or manual mode
- Suitable for single-pole or multi-pole applications
- Can be included in multiple groups or scenes
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Uses a standard decorative-size wallplate (sold separately)
Available Colors: White paddle installed. Light Almond paddle included.
The switch's motion sensor can be set to occupancy mode, vacancy mode, or manual mode. In vacancy mode, a person has to manually turn the light on, but the light will automatically turn off after the room has become vacant (no motion detected). In occupancy mode, the light automatically turns on when a person enters the room and optionally only if the room is dark, and then automatically turns off when the room becomes vacant. In manual mode, the motion sensor does not come into play so lights must be turned on/off manually, either at the button switch or via Z-Wave.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
The Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor On/Off Wall Switch works with incandescent lighting up to 960 Watts, or a load up to 1/2 HP or 1800W/15A resistive. The switch supports single-pole or multi-pole applications, and works in conjunction with up to three aux/remote switches (requires the toggle or rocker-style GE Z-Wave Auxiliary Switch, sold separately). This model can also be included in multiple zones/scenes.
- Works with incandescents up to 960W
- Supports loads up to 1/2 HP or 1800W/15A resistive
The switch requires standard screw terminal installation with wiring connections for Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground. Multi-pole installation also requires a traveler wire.
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller. Wallplate not included. Uses standard single-gang wallplate. For indoor use only.
GE: Imagination At Work
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
- Manufacturer Part #: 26931
- Power: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz (U.S.)
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Maximum Loads: 960W incandescent, 1/2 HP Motor or 1800W (15A) Resistive
- Wireless Range: Up to 150 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Environmental: For indoor use only.
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years
This Z-Wave device has advanced features that allow you to customize your experience. These features can be adjusted by a Z-Wave enabled controller that supports the Z-Wave Configuration command class.