GE Z-Wave Plus Hinge Pin Door Sensor (Gen5)
Discreetly Monitor a Door With Z-Wave
When your door opens or closes, you can automatically trigger notifications or other events through your Z-Wave network by installing the GE Z-Wave Plus Hinge Pin Door Sensor (Gen5). This wireless battery-powered sensor replaces your swing door hinge's existing removable hinge pin to discreetly monitor the door's open/closed status (just like a traditional magnetic door/contact sensor). Use it for security or a variety of automation purposes, such as turning on indoor lights when you arrive home.
- Detects the open/closed status of a swing door
- Works on standard swing doors using the existing hinge
- Compatible with both left and right opening doors
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Built-in tamper switch signals alert upon tampering
The Hinge Pin Door Sensor is simple to install on most existing swing doors, compatible with removable hinge pins up to 5/16-inch in diameter. The sensor adjusts to fit your door trim with a sensitivity adjustment for crown molding. It comes standard in the color white. Color-matching kits are also available, with options including silver, dark brown, and a paintable finish for color customization.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Hinge Pin Door Sensor
- CR2 Battery
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller. Installation requires a door hinge with a removable hinge pin. Does not work with security hinges.
GE: Imagination At Work
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
- Manufacturer Part #: 32563
- Power: One CR2 lithium cell battery (included)
- Battery Life: Up to 2 years
- Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz (U.S.)
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Maximum Hinge Pin Diameter: 5/16-inch (7.9 mm)
- Wireless Range: Up to 150 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Environmental: For indoor use only.
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years