GE Z-Wave Plus Direct-Wire Outdoor/Indoor Smart Switch, 40A, Gray
Add Z-Wave Remote Control to Heavy Duty Appliances
Command heavy duty appliances with Z-Wave remote control with the GE 40 Amp Z-Wave Plus Direct-Wire Indoor/Outdoor Smart Switch. This heavy-duty smart switch adds wireless On/Off control for up to 2 large load, hard-wired applications including water heaters, pool pumps, and landscape lighting. The switch features front-mounted status-indicating LED lights, an easy-access wire connection block, and a manual override switch to turn connected devices on or off. The switch can be used indoors or outdoors and is housed in a lockable, tamper and weather-resistant case to ensure settings and wiring are secure.
- Supports heavy duty loads up to 277VAC applications
- LED lights indicate On/Off and power status
- Weather and tamper resistant metal casing protects wiring
- Can be included in multiple Z-Wave automated groups or scenes
- Capable of reporting energy usage with compatible hub
- Compatible with the following hubs: SmartThings, Wink, Ring, ADT Pulse, Trane, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Vera, and more
The Direct-Wire Smart Switch works with heavy duty applications, supporting either a single 277V device or two 120V devices. The switch can be integrated into multiple automated Z-Wave zones/scenes. When selecting a location for mounting, the switch requires a minimum of 4 inches of space above it for room for its antenna.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Direct-Wire Smart Switch
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller. Neutral wire required. Wallplate sold separately.
GE: Leader And Innovator In Electronics
Established in 1975, GE Products is a leader in the design and development of home automation products and wireless accessories. GE develops consumer electronic accessories, computer accessories, home electrical products, and personal security and surveillance products. The company is also an active member of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
- Manufacturer Part #: 14285
- Power: 120-277 VAC, 60 Hz, Single Phase
- Signal Frequency: 908.4 MHz / 916 MHz
- Load Ratings:
- 120-277 VAC, 40A Resistive Single Phase
- 120-277 VAC, 20A Ballast load (Inductive) Single phase
- 125 VAC, 15A Tungsten; 250 VAC, 5A Tungsten
- 1HP@120VAC; 2HP @ 240VAC
- Range: Up to 150 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver.
- Environmental Conditions: For outdoor use in dry, damp or wet locations.
- Operating Temperature Range: -22 to 104°F (-30 to 40°C)
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited