GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Wall Switch (Gen5)
Add Z-Wave to Dimmable Light Fixtures
Enable Z-Wave control for your wired dimmable light fixture by replacing its standard wall switch with the GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Wall Switch (Gen5). The rocker switch provides On/Off and Dim/Brighten control, and can be included in multiple automation groups or scenes. A blue LED indicator helps guide you to the switch through the dark.
- Works with dimmable incandescent, CFL, and LED lights
- Suitable for single-pole or multi-pole applications
- Can be included in multiple groups or scenes
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Uses a standard decorative-size wallplate (sold separately)
Available Colors: White paddle installed. Light Almond paddle included.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
The Z-Wave Plus Dimmer works with incandescent lights (up to 600 Watts for 1-gang, 500 Watts for 2-gang, or 400 Watts for 3-gang), as well as CFLs and LEDs up to 150 Watts. The switch supports single-pole or multi-pole applications, and works in conjunction with up to three aux/remote switches (requires the toggle or rocker-style GE Z-Wave Auxiliary Switch, sold separately). This model can also be included in multiple zones/scenes.
The switch requires standard screw terminal installation with wiring connections for Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground. Multi-pole installation also requires a traveler wire.
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller. Wallplate not included. Uses standard single-gang wallplate. For indoor use only. Not compatible with fluorescent, xenon, or halogen lights. Does not support motor loads.
GE: Imagination At Work
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
- Manufacturer Part #: 14294
- Power: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz (U.S.)
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Maximum Loads: 600W, 2-gang 500W or 3-gang 400W incandescent, 150W CFL/LED
- Wireless Range: Up to 150 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Environmental: For indoor use only.
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years
This Z-Wave device has advanced features that allow you to customize your experience. These features can only be adjusted by a Z-Wave enabled controller that supports the Z-Wave Configuration command class.