FortrezZ Z-Wave Plus Flood & Temperature Sensor with Probe & Power Supply, Gen3 (Open Box)
Two Built-In Sensors to Detect Leaks & Temperature
Monitor for water leaks and extreme temperatures within a selected area with the FortrezZ Z-Wave Plus Flood & Temperature Sensor with Probe and Power Supply. This small box FortrezZ Z-Wave water sensor lies flat near any water-using appliances and fixtures, such as your water heater, sink, or washing machine, to detect leakage as soon as it occurs. When water touches the two sensing probes on the bottom of the device or on the included water sensor probe, the FortrezZ Z-Wave water sensor sends a wireless alert signal to your Z-Wave controller. This allows you to receive remote alerts and identify the exact location of the leak if you're using multiple sensors.
- Detects water and ambient temperature
- Built-in LEDs signal low battery and alarm status
- Works with SmartThings, HomeSeer, Nexia, Fibaro, VERA, Zipato Controllers
- Wireless range up to 25 feet indoors
- Optionally pairs with FortrezZ Water Shut-Off Valve
- Protect your pipes with freeze detection
The Z-Wave temperature sensor detects ambient temperature with its internal thermometer. Use the Z-Wave temperature sensor to detect intense heat/cold or frozen pipes in the room or enclosure it is placed in.
The included indoor water sensor probe attaches to the sensor with a 9-foot cord. Place the probe near a water-using appliance, such as a water heater, sink, bathtub, etc. to detect water leaks and flooding.
Customize Temperature Reporting Settings
The Z-Wave temperature sensor has a default setpoint, which can be adjusted for custom temperature detection. Detection range extends from 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C). The reporting time interval can also be adjusted to avoid draining the battery too quickly.
- Bathtub/Hot Tub
- Under Sinks
- Sump Pump
- Water Heater
- Freeze Detection (pipes, rooms, etc.)
- Laundry Washing Machine
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Water and Temperature Sensor
- Water Probe Sensor
- Power Supply, 110V
- (4) Cover Screws
- User Guide
Notes: Requires a Z-Wave network controller (sold separately). Do not place on or near metal objects; this decreases range and/or blocks wireless transmissions.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Manufacturer Part #: FTS05PUS
- UPC: 456354117770
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Power: Two AA batteries and 110V AC Adapter
- Battery Life: 1 to 2 years with no alarms in default Z-Wave network settings
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Wireless Range: Up to 25 feet indoors, max 100 feet line of sight in unobstructed environment
- System Requirement: Any Z-Wave enabled network and controller.
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Reported Temperature: At the unit with ± 2°C accuracy
- Dimensions: 3.0(L) x 2.1(W) x 1.1(H) inches (7.62 x 5.334 x 2.794 cm)
- Weight: 0.24 pound (108.86 g)
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited