FortrezZ Z-Wave Outdoor Automated Water Valve Actuator
Prevent Property Damage With Automatic Wireless Z-Wave Water Valve Shut-Off
Prevent water leaks from getting out of control and damaging your property with the FortrezZ Wireless Z-Wave Water Shut-off Valve (Outdoor, U.S.). This waterproof outdoor water valve actuator is NEMA 6-rated for homes with a water supply line located outside, in a crawl space, or in a meter pit below grade level. As soon as a water leak is detected by a water sensor (one included), the included indoor Z-Wave module triggers the motor (included) and the valve (sold separately) to automatically close and shut off your home's water supply, immediately eliminating the chance of extensive property damage.
A compatible valve will need to be purchased separately to attach to the included water valve actuator's outdoor motor. With help from a professional plumber, the wireless Z-Wave water valve can be installed on any home's water supply line.
The motor comes with an indoor Z-Wave module, so you can enroll the system into your Z-Wave controller and use it with additional wireless Z-Wave water valve sensors (sold separately). Whenever water is detected, the water valve actuator's motor will receive an alert signal, triggering it to close the valve! You can also receive a remote alert through your Z-Wave network.
- Water sensor(s) detect water to monitor leak-prone areas
- Upon water detection, sensor activates valve to shut off water supply
- Z-Wave enrollment enables remote control and alerts
- Color-coded LED indicates current valve position
- Optionally integrates into a security/automation system
- Expandable detection with additional wireless Z-Wave sensors
In addition to automatic valve control, the Wireless Z-Wave Water Shut-off Valve allows you to manually close and open the valve anytime with the Z-Wave module's built-in On/Off buttons or remotely through your Z-Wave network. If you want to control the water valve actuator in another convenient way, you also have the option of wiring in an On/Off wall switch (sold separately).
- (1) FortrezZ Outdoor Motor
- (1) FortrezZ Z-Wave Module
- (1) FortrezZ Local Single-Probe Water Sensor, Hard-Wired
Please note, the valve and wireless Z-Wave sensors are sold separately. The included local monitoring probe sensor is wired into the indoor Z-Wave module, making it useful for local indoor monitoring only.
Better Motor & Valve Construction for Better Performance
Although you can find less expensive water shut-off systems, the FortrezZ wireless Z-Wave water valve actuator system is highly regarded and widely popular due to its exceptional quality in construction. Keep reading to learn why a cheaper option isn't necessarily worth the savings when you're protecting your property from water damage.
Improved over competing DC motors, the FortrezZ wireless Z-Wave water valve actuator motor features a full transmission. This accomplishes two important goals:
- The powerful FortrezZ wireless Z-Wave water valve actuator motor helps prevent leakage at the valve caused by sediment build-up. Sediment build-up is an unavoidable occurrence in water valves, and in cheaper systems, the build-up can cause leakage due to the weak DC motor's inability to turn its mechanism through the build-up. With a powerful transmission motor, FortrezZ turns through sediment build-up without issue.
- Weaker motors increase the chance of valve misalignment, causing the valve to continue letting water flow through even when you think it's fully closed. Although this can happen with ANY water shut-off valve, valve alignment is much easier to maintain with the FortrezZ system thanks to its higher quality motor.
The FortrezZ valve itself (sold separately) is also worth the bit of extra money when compared to cheaper water shut-off valves. Because of its high-grade design, the valve is strong and durable, preventing breakage that often occurs in cheaper, weaker valves.
When it comes to preventing water damage, choose the FortrezZ wireless Z-Wave water valve actuator as the system you can rely on.
The outdoor version of the FortrezZ Water Shut-Off System consists of four main components: the motorized brass ball valve (sold separately), the outdoor-rated motor to control the valve, the indoor Z-Wave control unit, and the attached water sensor. Together with the outdoor motor, the valve connects to your water supply line. Getting help from a professional plumber is highly recommended.
The motor is factory-sealed waterproof and uses an outdoor-rated control cable to connect to the Z-Wave module, which installs indoors to communicate reliably with your Z-Wave controller. The cable may be trimmed to length during installation. The Z-Wave module is powered by the included plug-in power adapter, and you can also optionally wire in a 12VDC battery (professional electrician recommended) for backup power. The module provides power to the outdoor motor as well.
The included indoor water sensor probe is attached to the indoor Z-Wave module by a 9-foot cord. Place the probe near a water-using appliance, such as a water heater, sink, bathtub, etc. to detect water leaks and flooding. When water is detected, the sensor signals the Z-Wave module to trigger the motor to close the valve, and to alert you through your Z-Wave network.
Add an unlimited number of wireless Z-Wave water sensors (sold separately) to your Z-Wave system to monitor for leaks in multiple locations around your home.
- Outdoor Motor
- Z-Wave Module
- Water Sensor Probe
- Control Cable
- Power Adapter, 110V
- Owner's Manual
- Required valve is sold separately.
- Although the valve can operate without a Z-Wave connection, remote control does require a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- The Z-Wave module with attached water sensor probe installs indoors only. Not rated for outdoor use.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- 25 Ft. Cable: WV02ACT25US
- 50 Ft. Cable: WV02ACT50US
- 75 Ft. Cable: WV02ACT75US
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Approvals: Meets approvals of state and municipal authorities. FCC, IC certified.
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited