FortrezZ Z-Wave Outdoor Automated Water Shut-off Actuator, 50' Cable, 1-1/4" Valve
Prevent Property Damage With Automatic Water Shut-Off
Prevent water leaks from getting out of control and damaging your property with the FortrezZ Z-Wave Automated Water Shut-off Actuator with 1-1/4 Inch Valve, 50 Ft. (Outdoor, U.S.). This waterproof outdoor model is NEMA 6-rated for homes with a water supply line located outside, in a crawl space, or in a meter pit below grade level. As soon as a water leak is detected by a water sensor (one included), the included indoor Z-Wave module triggers the motor (included) and the valve (included) to automatically close and shut off your home's water supply, immediately eliminating the chance of extensive property damage.
With help from a professional plumber, the included 1-1/4 inch valve can be installed on any home's water supply line. The motor comes with an indoor Z-Wave module, so you can enroll the system into your Z-Wave controller and use it with additional wireless Z-Wave water sensors (sold separately). Whenever water is detected, the motor will receive an alert signal, triggering it to close the valve! You can also receive a remote alert through your Z-Wave network.
- Water sensor(s) detect water to monitor leak-prone areas
- Upon water detection, sensor activates valve to shut off water supply
- Z-Wave enrollment enables remote control and alerts
- Color-coded LED indicates current valve position
- Optionally integrates into a security/automation system
- Expandable detection with additional wireless Z-Wave sensors
- Control cable length: 50 Feet
In addition to automatic valve control, the Z-Wave Automated Water Shut-off Valve allows you to manually close and open the valve anytime with the Z-Wave module's built-in On/Off buttons or remotely through your Z-Wave network. If you want to control the valve in another convenient way, you also have the option of wiring in an On/Off wall switch (sold separately).
Better Motor & Valve Construction For Better Performance
Although you can find less expensive water shut-off systems, the FortrezZ system is highly regarded and widely popular due to its exceptional quality in construction. Keep reading to learn why a cheaper option isn't necessarily worth the savings when you're protecting your property from water damage.
Improved over competing DC motors, the FortrezZ motor features a full transmission. This accomplishes two important goals:
- The powerful FortrezZ motor helps prevent leakage at the valve caused by sediment build-up. Sediment build-up is an unavoidable occurrence in water valves, and in cheaper systems, the build-up can cause leakage due to the weak DC motor's inability to turn its mechanism through the build-up. With a powerful transmission motor, FortrezZ turns through sediment build-up without issue.
- Weaker motors increase the chance of valve misalignment, causing the valve to continue letting water flow through even when you think it's fully closed. Although this can happen with ANY water shut-off valve, valve alignment is much easier to maintain with the FortrezZ system thanks to its higher quality motor.
The FortrezZ valve itself is also worth the bit of extra money when compared to cheaper water shut-off valves. Because of its high-grade design, the valve is strong and durable, preventing breakage that often occurs in cheaper, weaker valves.
When it comes to preventing water damage, choose FortrezZ as the system you can rely on.
The outdoor version of the FortrezZ Water Shut-Off System consists of four main components: the motorized brass ball 1-1/4 inch valve, the outdoor-rated motor to control the valve, the indoor Z-Wave control unit, and the attached water sensor. Together with the outdoor motor, the valve connects to your water supply line. Getting help from a professional plumber is highly recommended.
The motor is factory-sealed waterproof and uses an outdoor-rated control cable to connect to the Z-Wave module, which installs indoors to communicate reliably with your Z-Wave controller. The cable may be trimmed to length during installation. The Z-Wave module is powered by the included plug-in power adapter, and you can also optionally wire in a 12VDC battery (professional electrician recommended) for backup power. The module provides power to the outdoor motor as well.
The included indoor water sensor probe is attached to the indoor Z-Wave module by a 9-foot cord. Place the probe near a water-using appliance, such as a water heater, sink, bathtub, etc. to detect water leaks and flooding. When water is detected, the sensor signals the Z-Wave module to trigger the motor to close the valve, and to alert you through your Z-Wave network.
Add an unlimited number of wireless Z-Wave water sensors (sold separately) to your Z-Wave system to monitor for leaks in multiple locations around your home.
- FortrezZ Outdoor Motor
- 1-1/4 Inch Brass Water Valve
- FortrezZ Z-Wave Module
- Water Sensor Probe
- Control Cable (50 Ft.)
- Power Adapter, 110V
- Owner's Manual
- The wireless Z-Wave sensors are sold separately. The included local monitoring probe sensor is wired into the indoor Z-Wave module, making it useful for local indoor monitoring only.
- The Z-Wave module with attached water sensor probe installs indoors only. Not rated for outdoor use.
- Although the valve can operate without a Z-Wave connection, remote control does require a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- All FortrezZ brass valves comply with published NSF61 standards which restrict lead and other metal contaminants to safe levels for drinking water systems; the lead-free valves are approved for sale in all U.S. States, and comply with California AB1953 and Vermont S.152 laws.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Brass Valve Included: 1-1/4 Inch NPT
- Other Brass Valves (sold separately):
- 1/2 Inch NPT
- 3/4 Inch NPT
- 1 Inch NPT
- 1/2 Inch Valve: 19 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 3/4 Inch Valve: 34 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 1 Inch Valve: 52 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 1-1/4 Inch Valve: 77 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- Control Cable Length: 50 Feet
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Ball Valve: Full port brass forged body
- Seats: RTFE
- Seals: Viton
- Max. Working Pressure: 125 PSIG
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F (1.67° to 40.56°C)
- Applications: Cold Water
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate, NEMA 4x (weather-resistant)
- Voltage: 110 VAC converted to 12VDC (Class 2 power converter with 20-foot cord supplied), 1.3A full load. Option to install additional 12VDC battery (car or riding mower) as a power backup (not supplied).
- Approvals: Meets approvals of state and municipal authorities. FCC, IC certified.
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited