FortrezZ Z-Wave MiMO2+ Interface Module (Open Box)
Make Any Two Devices Speak Z-Wave
Turn almost any device into a Z-Wave enabled device by connecting it to the FortrezZ Z-Wave MIMO2 Interface Module. This 2-input, 2-output (IO) module is perfect for controlling anything from a garage door to a drapery motor. You could even use it as a doorbell sensor to receive Z-Wave alerts when a visitor rings your traditional mechanical doorbell. And because the 4 inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously, you could optionally activate an output whenever the input is triggered!
- Provides 2 input and 2 relay output (NO/NC)
- Converts wired devices into Z-Wave capable wireless devices
- Works with SmartThings, HomeSeer, Zipato, Fibaro Controllers
- System includes program switch and LEDs for status indications.
- Supports latching or momentary functionality
How It Works
The MIMO2 is capable of converting a digital or analog voltage input and/or a Z-Wave RF message input into a dry contact relay output and/or a Z-Wave RF message output, making it incredibly flexible for a wide variety of applications. It has an input for digital or analog devices operating at 0 to 16VDC (or up to 16Hz for pulse counting), and it has a true 12V-24V dry voltage relay output (normally open/normally closed) with a maximum switching power of 120W.
The module supports either latching or momentary/pulsing applications. When used as a momentary relay, you can adjust the timing from 32 milliseconds (default) up to 3 seconds.
- Garage Door Opener
- Doorbell Sensor
- Gas Fireplace
- Wired Lighting
- Drapery Motor
- Electric Door Strike
- Motorized Water Valve
Switching Between Latching vs. Momentary
If you want to switch from latching to momentary, or vice versa, but you have already enrolled the module into your Z-Wave controller, you need to first un-enroll the module from your controller, then enroll it again in order to switch to your desired function.
- Power Adapter, 9V
- User Manual
- Requires a Z-Wave network controller (sold separately)
- Not rated for outdoor use.
- Do not attempt to use the relays to switch residential or industrial Alternating Current (AC) lines. The relays are to be used for low-power load control only. The MIMO2 must not be used in life support and/or safety applications.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Manufacturer Part #: MIMO2US
- Power: 12-16 VDC from a power supply at ~500mA capability
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave; 868.4MHz (EU)
- Wireless Range: Max 100 feet line of sight in unobstructed environment
- Input Signal 1,2 (SIG1 & SIG2): Digital or Analog Input 0 to 16VDC or 16 Hz Max for pulse counting. The trigger levels and hysteresis can be set via the Configuration Command Class for each endpoints.
- Input Signal Impedance: For SIG1: Z=66 ohms at 10KHz. This impedance is = 66 ohm = 34 ohm + j 540uH.
- Output Relay 1,2 (REL1 & REL2): SPDT, Max. Switching power of 120W; 10uA to 10A; High Dielectric strength coil-contacts: 1,000VAC.
- Open Contacts: 750VAC; Conforms to FCC Part 68 requirements; Ag + Au clad bifurcated contacts fully sealed.
- System Requirement: Any Z-Wave enabled network and controller
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Enclosure Size: 3-3/8(L) x 2-1/2(W) x 1-1/4(D) inches (85 x 64 x 30mm)
- Weight: 4 ounces (100 g)
- Warranty: 1 Year
»FortrezZ Z-Wave MiMO2+ Interface Module Overview (.pdf)
»FortrezZ Z-Wave MiMO2+ Interface Module Configuration Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ Z-Wave MiMO2+ Interface Module User Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ Z-Wave MiMO2+ Interface Module Guide with SmartThings (.pdf)
»FortrezZ Z-Wave MiMO2+ Interface Module Tech Appendix (.pdf)