FortrezZ Z-Wave MIMOlite Interface Module (Open Box)
Make Any Device Speak Z-Wave
Turn almost any device into a Z-Wave enabled device by connecting it to the FortrezZ Z-Wave MIMOlite Interface Module. This 1-input, 1-output (IO) FortrezZ Z-Wave relay module is perfect for controlling anything from a garage door to a drapery motor. You could even use the FortrezZ Z-Wave relay module as a doorbell sensor to receive Z-Wave alerts when a visitor rings your traditional mechanical doorbell. And because both the input and output can be used simultaneously on this Z-Wave relay, you could optionally activate an output whenever the input is triggered!
- Provides 1 input and 1 relay output (NO/NC)
- Accepts digital or analog devices up to 16V/16Hz
- Works with SmartThings, HomeSeer, VERA, Zipato, Fibaro (relay control only) Controllers
- Offers true 12V-24V dry voltage relay output
- Supports latching or momentary functionality
- Triggered input can activate the output
- Powered by the included plug-in adapter
How It Works
The FortrezZ MIMOlite Z-Wave relay module can convert a digital or analog voltage input and/or a Z-Wave RF message input into a dry contact relay output and/or a Z-Wave RF message output, making it incredibly flexible for a wide variety of applications. It has an input for digital or analog devices operating at 0 to 16VDC (or up to 16Hz for pulse counting), and it has a true 12V-24V dry voltage relay output (normally open/normally closed) with a maximum switching power of 120W.
The FortrezZ Z-Wave relay module supports either latching or momentary/pulsing applications. When used as a momentary relay, you can adjust the timing from 32 milliseconds (default) up to 3 seconds.
- Garage Door Opener
- Doorbell Sensor
- Gas Fireplace
- Wired Lighting
- Drapery Motor
- Electric Door Strike
- Motorized Water Valve
Switching Between Latching vs. Momentary
If you want to switch from latching to momentary, or vice versa, but you have already enrolled the module into your Z-Wave controller, you need to first unenroll the module from your controller, then enroll it again in order to switch to your desired function.
- MIMOlite Module
- Power Adapter, 13.5V
- User Manual
- Requires a Z-Wave network controller (sold separately)
- Not rated for outdoor use.
- Do not attempt to use the relays to switch residential or industrial Alternating Current (AC) lines. The relays are to be used for low-power load control only. The MIMOlite must not be used in life support and/or safety applications.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Manufacturer Part #: MIMOLITEUS
- Power: 12-16 VDC from a power supply at ~300mA capability
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Wireless Range: Max 100 feet line of sight in unobstructed environment
- Input Signal 1 (SIG1): Digital or Analog Input 0 to 16VDC or 16 Hz Max for pulse counting (minimum 32 ms high or low time). The trigger levels and hysteresis can be set via the Configuration Command Class for the two endpoints.
- Input Signal Impedance: For SIG1: Z=66 ohms at 10KHz. This impedance is = 66 ohm = 34 ohm + j 540uH.
- Output Relay 1: DPDT, Max. Switching power of 120W; 10uA to 10A; High Dielectric strength coil-contacts: 1,000 VAC.
- Open Contacts: 750VAC; Conforms to FCC Part 68 requirements; Ag + Au clad bifurcated contacts fully sealed.
- System Requirement: Any Z-Wave enabled network and controller
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Enclosure Size: 3-3/8(L) x 2-1/2(W) x 1-1/4(D) inches (85 x 64 x 30mm)
- Weight: 4 ounces (100 g)
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Wireless Interface/Bridge Module User Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Wireless Interface/Bridge Module, Technical Appendix (.pdf)
»FortrezZ Wiring Diagram for Garage Door Control using MimoLite (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Installation Instructions for Vera Controllers (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite and HomeSeer HS2 Binary Sensor Reporting Application Note (.pdf)