FortrezZ Z-Wave Indoor Automated Water Valve Actuator (U.S.)
Prevent Damage With Automatic Water Shut-Off
Water damage can be catastrophic, so prevent it before it happens with the FortrezZ Z-Wave Indoor Automated Water Valve Actuator for automatic flood prevention. As soon as a water leak is detected, the valve automatically closes to shut off your home's water supply, immediately eliminating the chance of extensive property damage.
With help from a professional plumber, the valve can be installed on any home's water supply line. It comes with one water sensor, and because the connected motor speaks Z-Wave, you can enroll it into your Z-Wave controller and use it in conjunction with additional wireless water sensors. Whenever water is detected, the motor will receive an alert signal, triggering it to close the valve! You can also receive a remote alert through your Z-Wave network.
Please note, this particular unit does not include the required brass water valve, which is sold separately in various sizes (1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4").
- Water sensor(s) detect water to monitor leak-prone areas
- Upon water detection, sensor activates valve to shut off water supply
- Manual control knob and On/Off buttons allow local valve control
- Z-Wave enrollment enables remote control and alerts
- Color-coded LED indicates current valve position
- Optionally integrates into a security/automation system
- Expandable detection with additional wireless Z-Wave sensors
In addition to automatic valve control, the Z-Wave Automated Water Valve Actuator allows you to manually close and open the valve anytime in three different ways: with the motor's built-in On/Off buttons, with the motor's manual control knob, or remotely through your Z-Wave network. The manual control knob is your ultimate backup in case of a power outage.
If you want to control the valve in another convenient way, you also have the option of wiring in an On/Off wall switch (sold separately).
Please note, wireless Z-Wave sensors are sold separately. The included local monitoring probe sensor wires into the motor, making it useful for local monitoring only.
The FortrezZ Z-Wave Indoor Automated Water Valve Actuator comes with two main components: the Z-Wave enabled valve actuator (motor) and the water sensor. This unit requires a brass water valve, which is sold separately in various sizes (1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4"). The valve connects to your water supply line. Getting help from a professional plumber is highly recommended. In order to make valve installation easier, you can attach the brass water valve to the water supply line first, then attach the motor to the brass water valve.
The motor is powered by the included plug-in power adapter, which has a 20-foot cord to allow flexible installation. You can also optionally wire in a 12VDC battery (professional electrician recommended) for backup power.
The included water sensor probe connects to the motor with its 9-foot cord. Place the probe near any water-using appliance, such as a water heater, sink, bathtub, etc. to detect water leaks and flooding. When water is detected, the sensor signals the motor to close the valve and to alert you through your Z-Wave network.
Add an unlimited number of wireless Z-Wave water sensors (sold separately) to your Z-Wave system to monitor for leaks in multiple locations around your home.
- Z-Wave Valve Actuator (Motor)
- Hard-Wired Water Sensor Probe
- Power Adapter, 110V
- Owner's Manual
- This particular unit does not include the required brass water valve, which is sold separately in various sizes (1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4").
- Although the valve can operate without a Z-Wave connection, remote control does require a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- All FortrezZ brass valves comply with published NSF61 standards which restrict lead and other metal contaminants to safe levels for drinking water systems; the lead-free valves are approved for sale in all U.S. States, and comply with California AB1953 and Vermont S.152 laws.
- For indoor use only. Not rated for outdoor installation.
- Included hard-wired sensor probe is not available for individual purchase. It comes in complete kits only. Additional wireless Z-Wave sensors are available for individual purchase, sold separately.
Better Motor & Valve Construction for Better Performance
Although you can find less expensive water shut-off systems, the FortrezZ system is highly regarded and widely popular due to its exceptional quality in construction. Keep reading to learn why a cheaper option isn't necessarily worth the savings when you're protecting your property from water damage.
Improved over competing DC motors, the FortrezZ motor features a full transmission. This accomplishes two important goals:
- The powerful FortrezZ motor helps prevent leakage at the valve caused by sediment build-up. Sediment build-up is an unavoidable occurrence in water valves, and in cheaper systems, the build-up can cause leakage due to the weak DC motor's inability to turn its mechanism through the build-up. With a powerful transmission motor, FortrezZ turns through sediment build-up without issue.
- Weaker motors increase the chance of valve misalignment, causing the valve to continue letting water flow through even when you think it's fully closed. Although this can happen with ANY water shut-off valve, valve alignment is much easier to maintain with the FortrezZ system thanks to its higher quality motor.
The FortrezZ valve itself is also worth the bit of extra money when compared to cheaper water shut-off valves. Because of its high-grade design, the valve is strong and durable, preventing breakage that often occurs in cheaper, weaker valves.
When it comes to preventing water damage, choose FortrezZ as the system you can rely on.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Manufacturer Part #: WV01ACTUS
- Brass Valves (sold separately):
- 1/2 Inch NPT
- 3/4 Inch NPT
- 1 Inch NPT
- 1-1/4 Inch NPT
- 1/2 Inch Valve: 19 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 3/4 Inch Valve: 34 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 1 Inch Valve: 52 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 1-1/4 Inch Valve: 77 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Ball Valve: Full port brass forged body
- Seats: RTFE
- Seals: Viton
- Max. Working Pressure: 125 PSIG
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F (1.67° to 40.56°C)
- Applications: Cold Water
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate, NEMA 4x (weather-resistant)
- Voltage: 110 VAC converted to 12VDC (Class 2 power converter with 20-foot cord supplied), 1.3A full load. Option to install additional 12VDC battery (car or riding mower) as a power backup (not supplied).
- Approvals: Meets approvals of state and municipal authorities. FCC, IC certified.
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited