FortrezZ Z-Wave Indoor Automated Water Shut-off Actuator with 1/2" Valve
Prevent Damage With Automatic Water Shut-Off
Water damage can be catastrophic, so prevent it before it happens with the FortrezZ Z-Wave Indoor Automated Water Shut-off Actuator with 1/2 In. Valve for automatic flood prevention. As soon as a water leak is detected, the valve automatically closes to shut off your home's water supply, immediately eliminating the chance of extensive property damage.
With help from a professional plumber, the valve can be installed on any home's water supply line. It comes with one water sensor, and because the connected motor speaks Z-Wave, you can enroll it into your Z-Wave controller and use it in conjunction with additional wireless water sensors. Whenever water is detected, the motor will receive an alert signal, triggering it to close the valve! You can also receive a remote alert through your Z-Wave network.
- Water sensor(s) detect water to monitor leak-prone areas
- Upon water detection, sensor activates valve to shut off water supply
- Manual control knob and On/Off buttons allow local valve control
- Z-Wave enrollment enables remote control and alerts
- Color-coded LED indicates current valve position
- Optionally integrates into a security/automation system
- Expandable detection with additional wireless Z-Wave sensors
- Other available valve sizes: 3/4", 1", 1-1/4" (sold separately)
In addition to automatic valve control, the Z-Wave Automated Water Valve Actuator allows you to manually close and open the valve anytime in three different ways: with the motor's built-in On/Off buttons, with the motor's manual control knob, or remotely through your Z-Wave network. The manual control knob is your ultimate backup in case of a power outage.
If you want to control the valve in another convenient way, you also have the option of wiring in an On/Off wall switch (sold separately).
Please note, wireless Z-Wave sensors are sold separately. The included local monitoring probe sensor wires into the motor, making it useful for local monitoring only.
The FortrezZ Z-Wave Indoor Automated Water Valve Actuator comes with two main components: the Z-Wave enabled valve actuator (motor) and the water sensor. This kit includes the 1/2" brass water valve. Other brass water valves are sold separately in various sizes (3/4", 1", 1-1/4"). The valve connects to your water supply line. Getting help from a professional plumber is highly recommended. In order to make valve installation easier, you can attach the brass water valve to the water supply line first, then attach the motor to the brass water valve.
The motor is powered by the included plug-in power adapter, which has a 20-foot cord to allow flexible installation. You can also optionally wire in a 12VDC battery (professional electrician recommended) for backup power.
The included water sensor probe connects to the motor with its 9-foot cord. Place the probe near any water-using appliance, such as a water heater, sink, bathtub, etc. to detect water leaks and flooding. When water is detected, the sensor signals the motor to close the valve and to alert you through your Z-Wave network.
Add an unlimited number of wireless Z-Wave water sensors (sold separately) to your Z-Wave system to monitor for leaks in multiple locations around your home.
- Z-Wave Valve Actuator (Motor)
- 1/2 Inch Brass Water Valve
- Hard-Wired Water Sensor Probe
- Power Adapter, 110V
- Owner's Manual
- Although the valve can operate without a Z-Wave connection, remote control does require a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- All FortrezZ brass valves comply with published NSF61 standards which restrict lead and other metal contaminants to safe levels for drinking water systems; the lead-free valves are approved for sale in all U.S. States, and comply with California AB1953 and Vermont S.152 laws.
- For indoor use only. Not rated for outdoor installation.
- Included hard-wired sensor probe is not available for individual purchase. It comes in complete kits only. Additional wireless Z-Wave sensors are available for individual purchase, sold separately.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Brass Valve Included: 1/2 Inch NPT
- Other Brass Valves (sold separately):
- 3/4 Inch NPT
- 1 Inch NPT
- 1-1/4 Inch NPT
- 1/2 Inch Valve: 19 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 3/4 Inch Valve: 34 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 1 Inch Valve: 52 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- 1-1/4 Inch Valve: 77 GPM at 1 PSI pressure drop
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Ball Valve: Full port brass forged body
- Seats: RTFE
- Seals: Viton
- Max. Working Pressure: 125 PSIG
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F (1.67° to 40.56°C)
- Applications: Cold Water
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate, NEMA 4x (weather-resistant)
- Voltage: 110 VAC converted to 12VDC (Class 2 power converter with 20-foot cord supplied), 1.3A full load. Option to install additional 12VDC battery (car or riding mower) as a power backup (not supplied).
- Approvals: Meets approvals of state and municipal authorities. FCC, IC certified.
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited