FortrezZ Z-Wave Flow Meter LF Brass
Protect Your Wallet & Property by Monitoring Water Usage
Monitor and measure your home's water usage with the FortrezZ Z-Wave Flow Meter (LF Brass, U.S.). This Z-Wave enabled meter installs on the main water line to detect when water is flowing, allowing you to view gallons used, receive Z-Wave alerts, and more. If water is flowing when you know it shouldn't be, due to a running toilet for example, you could temporarily disable the home's water supply by activating your Z-Wave water valve (sold separately).
The Flow Meter has a built-in temperature sensor to alert you to dangerous climate conditions, such as extremely cold ambient temperatures that can lead to frozen pipes. Protect your home from damage and your wallet from out-of-control water usage with the Z-Wave Flow Meter.
- Monitors and measures your home's water usage
- Start of water flow triggers alert through Z-Wave network
- Works with SmartThings & HomeSeer Controllers
- Provides drill-down reports to help pinpoint peak usage times
- Built-in temperature sensor sends temp alerts
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Lead-free, certified for potable water use in all 50 states
Personalized Reporting Options
Temperature Alarms: Your high and low temperature set points can be configured via Z-Wave. The minimum low setpoint is 50°F (10°C), and the maximum high setpoint is 158°F (70°C). The low setpoint must be set at least 35.6°F (2°C) below the high setpoint.
Flow Threshold Alarms: Water flow begins reporting at the water flow threshold, set by default to 5 gallons/minute. Flow above 5 gallons/minute triggers a "High Flow" alert. This can be configured to a different value.
Report Interval: The time interval between meter reports while water is flowing can be set in increments of 10 seconds. The default is 1 minute (60 seconds).
Meter Count Reset: The meter count can be reset back to "0" via Z-Wave configuration parameter 3.
Water Flow Notification vs Multi-Level Sensor Report: While water is flowing, the meter can be configured to send a Notification report or a Multilevel Sensor report.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
As a "Z-Wave Plus" certified device, the Flow Meter works with all major Z-Wave controllers. It consists of two main parts, the Flow Meter Body, which installs on the water line, and a small Z-Wave Flow Meter Interface (FMI), which connects to the Body to enable wireless Z-Wave communication.
Because the Body has to be plumbed into the main water line, getting installation help from a professional plumber is highly recommended. While the Flow Meter is designed for indoor installation, it can be used outside if covered to protect it from the sun and other elements.
The FMI requires power and plugs into a power outlet with the included power adapter. Backup power may optionally be provided by two AA batteries (not included). Batteries should not be used alone as the main power source, since they will die after approximately 40 hours.
- Flow Meter Body
- Z-Wave Flow Meter Interface (FMI)
- (2) Brass Threaded Adaptors
- (2) Sealing Rings
- (2) Brass Pipe Meter Adaptors
- Data Cable, 6-foot
- Power Cable, 6.5-foot
- Power Adaptor
- User Manual
- Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- The FMI must not be used in life support and/or safety applications.
- The FMI typically is not powered only by the AA batteries. The batteries are optional; they will keep the FMI functional during short power outages.
Reinforce Your Home With FortrezZ
With more than 20 years of experience in developing RF wireless technologies, FortrezZ LLC is now a leading design and manufacturing company for high-grade automation and security products. FortrezZ is committed to excellence in every aspect, from product construction to customer satisfaction, and has become a valued member of the reputable Z-Wave Alliance. Feel confident in your installations with FortrezZ products.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- 3/4": FMI-NLC-075-R10P
- 1": FMI-NLC-100-R10P
- Approvals: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1 Year
Flow Meter Interface Radio (FMI)
- Power: 5 VDC (nominal ) from regulated Power Supply (included) at 500 mA capability; optional AA alkalines batteries (two) for backup
- Battery Life (without AC Mains): 40 hours, depending on battery capacity/quality and no alarms and default Z-Wave network settings.
- Frequency: 908.4 MHz (U.S.)
- Wireless Range: max. 100 feet line of sight in unobstructed environment; max. 25 feet indoors
- Enclosure Size: 3.0(L) x 2.1(W) x 1.1(D) inches (76 x 53 x 30 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Input Signal 1 (SIG1): Digital Input 0 to 16 VDC, minimum 32 ms high or low time
Flow Meter Body
- Max. Pressure: 150 psi
- Max. Temperature: 122°F
- Normal Flow: ± 1.5 percent
- Low Flow: ± 3 percent
- Min. Flow Rate (GPM):
- 3/4": 0.25
- 1": 0.75
- Max. Flow Rate (GPM):
- 3/4": 20
- 1": 50
- Pulse Output Cable: Micro USB cable, approx. 5 feet
- Pulse Rate: 10 pulses/gallon
- Body / Coupling: EcoBrass
- Internals: Engineered thermoplastic; Alnico magnet
- 3/4": 4.25 pounds
- 1": 6.5 pounds