FIBARO Home Center 2 Automation Controller
Web-Accessible Z-Wave Smart Home Hub
Build out a world-class Z-Wave smart home automation and security system with the FIBARO Z-Wave Home Center 2. This router-like Z-Wave controller serves as the command center for your entire smart home network, providing an intuitive user interface on any computer or mobile device. No matter where you go, as long as you have Internet access, you can remote into your Z-Wave system to control devices, change settings, monitor device status, and more. With Home Center 2, your Z-Wave home is limited only by your imagination!
- Manages up to 230 Z-Wave devices and supports scenes
- Remotely accessible via web browser or mobile device
- Supports geo-localization, voice controls, and text message alerts
- Free app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Easy DIY setup and intuitive user interface
- Plugs into outlet and connects to web via Ethernet
- Advanced backup and recovery system
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
The FIBARO Z-Wave Home Center 2 makes it easy to manage a whole network of Z-Wave devices in a variety of ways. Whether you're on the computer or your smartphone, you can turn devices On/Off, create scenes and automation triggers, and take advantage of advanced settings, like geo-localization and voice control.
Triggers are simple to set up in the system's block-style interface for scene creation. You can easily automate events for any Z-Wave device or group of devices according to the weather, time of day, and even other devices.
About the Home Center Hardware
Based on the Linux operating system, the Home Center 2 runs a Linux web server and MySQL database housed in a brushed aluminum case. It features a fast, efficient Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor and large memory (1GB RAM, 2GB SLC hard drive) to ensure quick and reliable communication among all of your Z-Wave devices. The system also provides a recovery disc for easy system backups and recoveries. The disc is readily accessible anytime at the back of the unit, hidden behind the removable back panel. Because each disc is unique to each individual Home Center unit, unauthorized access is not a risk.
Installation & Setup Details
The Home Center 2 is fairly simple to set up. The unit plugs into a power outlet with the included adapter, and connects to your Internet router/modem/switch with the included Ethernet cable. All you have to do is remove the back panel, make the connections, and then snap the panel on again.
Once the unit is physically set up, you will need to log onto a computer that is connected to the same network and download the free "FIBARO Finder Application", available through the FIBARO website. This simple software will allow you to access the unit's control panel through your computer and start building out your Z-Wave system.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
The FIBARO Home Center 2 works with any Amazon Alexa device to gain voice control of your Z-Wave compatible devices. Just make sure to add the FIBARO Smart Home Skill to your Alexa account, and you'll be able to use your voice to control the smart home devices connected to your Home Center 2. Software version 4.112 or higher is required.
- Home Center Unit
- Power Supply
- Ethernet Cable
- Warranty Information
Note: Requires an Internet router, modem, or switch and active Internet service.
Innovative Z-Wave Solutions by FIBARO
With multiple award-winning products, FIBARO has become one of the leading Z-Wave manufacturers in the home automation and security industries. The company has been lauded time and time again for bringing uniquely innovative Z-Wave solutions to people across the globe. Introduce your home to your imagination through FIBARO.
- Scene conditioning based on weather and other user-defined variables
- Advanced integration with alarm/fire systems for intelligent safety response
- Use of GPS on mobile devices to interact/control functions and scenarios
- Geo-localization – track your family members by mobile GPS
- Voice control via app within home or remotely
- SMS text message notifications
- Manageable users' rights
- Various devices' associations
- History of events
- Manufacturer Part #: FGHC2
- Protocol: Z-Wave
- Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Antenna: External High Gain
- Housing Material: Brushed Aluminum
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000Base-T (Gigabit) Ethernet via RJ45 connector
- Processor: Intel Atom Dual Core (1.6GHz)
- Memory: 1GB SDRAM + 2GB SLD Hard Drive
- WLAN: Connects to Wi-Fi Router via Ethernet cable
- Expansion: USB for Recovery Disc (mini USB Drive)
- Recovery Disc: 4GB MLC
- Power: 9-12VDC (power supply included)
- LED Indicators: Power, Status, Ethernet, WLAN and Z-Wave
- Dimensions: 225(L) x 185(W) x 44(H) mm
- Weight: 2.2 pounds (1 kg)
- Warranty: 2 Years
»FIBARO FGHC2 Home Center 2 Brochure (.pdf)
»FIBARO HC2 Configure to Global Cache iTach Flex Guide (.pdf)
»FIBARO FGHC2 Home Center 2 Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FIBARO FGHC2 Home Center 2 User Guide (.pdf)
FIBARO Smartphone App
This app is a modern, easiest and user-friendly tool to remotely control your smart home created with the FIBARO Home Center 2.
- GPS tracking
- Gesture control the whole house from the main application screen
- Push notification
- Lighting, temperature, humidity, security system control
- Possibility to change icons for devices and rooms
- Possibility to display current power consumption
- And more
NOTE: In order to run iHomeTouch on your mobile device you will need to install our free iHomeTouchServer software and the ActiveHome SDK on your Windows PC, and be running an X10 Computer Interface such as a CM15 Pro.
Download this app directly from the App Store. Click below.