Elk Dual-Path Alarm Communicator, GSM
Ensure Reliable Communications for Elk M1 Security
Back up or replace traditional phone line communications to the central monitoring station for your Elk M1 security system by installing the Elk Dual-Path Alarm Communicator (GSM). Designed to connect directly to any M1 Control Panel (sold separately), the communicator enables fast, reliable communications over both IP and cellular pathways. This dual solution allows your system to automatically choose the best pathway at the time for the fastest communication possible. The communicator also gives you remote web access to your system, as well as the option to receive email and text message alerts for arm, disarm, and alarm events.
- Dual reporting pathways (IP and cellular) for reliability
- Auto-directs signal to fastest pathway available
- Enables remote web access and email/text alerts
- No fees required, includes Telguard Online service
- Free mobile app for iOS and Android devices
Enables Remote Access & Mobile System Alerts
The Elk Dual-Path Alarm Communicator (GSM) supports remote access to the ELK M1 system for both installers and end users, with no port forwarding or extra fees. Users can access their system through either a web browser via the online ElkLink Customer Portal or the free ElkLink mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Both allow you to remotely arm/disarm the system and view system status and event history. You can also set up email and text alerts.
Additionally, installers can log into the ElkLink Installer Portal to easily activate and manage various communicators, as well as remotely program the M1 control over the IP or cellular pathway. The online portal provides convenient management tools and up-to-date activity information.
Free Cellular Service Included by Telguard Online
Unlike some backup communicators that require you to sign up for a paid cellular service plan, the Elk Dual-Path Alarm Communicator (GSM) communicates through GSM cellular networks using cellular service provided by a cooperative partnership between Elk and Telguard Online. Activation and setup are handled through the Telguard Online website. (Installing dealers will need an online account for both the Telguard Online and ElkLink websites. Existing Telguard Installing Dealers can use the same account and login credentials they already have.)
The communicator automatically performs periodic tests by sending a signal over both the IP and cellular pathways. This helps maintain reliable communications for the overall system, and provides automatic reports of any pathway outage.
The communicator mounts inside the 14" or 28" ELK M1 metal enclosures (ELK-SWB14 or ELK-SWB28, sold separately) along with the M1 control panel. The enclosure provides a knockout for the cellular antenna, as well as a screw hole and zip-tie basket handle for mounting the communicator.
To enable IP communications, the installer will need to connect the communicator to the home's Internet router using a Cat5/6 network cable (sold separately). An optional USB port (type "B" mini) is conveniently available on the communicator for connection of a local PC. This allows ElkRP software to be used for local programming of the M1 Control.
Optional accessories (sold separately) include a USB cable for the optional PC connection, and a more robust antenna for areas where cellular reception is limited.
- Dual-Path Alarm Communicator, GSM
- Dipole Screw-On Stubby Antenna
- 4-Position Plug-In Terminal Block
- Mini Serial Cable, RS232 9-pin to 3-pin, 36 inches
- Instruction Manual
NOTE: Requires a compatible ELK M1 control panel, an Internet router, and a network cable, all sold separately. Must be mounted in an M1 enclosure, also sold separately, to meet UL requirements.
Premium Products For Security And Automation
ELK Products, Inc. designs and manufactures quality electronic equipment for the professional security alarm and home automation installer. Our products include siren drivers, speakers, relays, timers, programmable controls, surge suppressors, telephone equipment, amplifiers, recordable units, batteries and more.
- Support for eKeypad and M1 Touch Pro Apps
- Supports ElkRP2 programming upload/download
- No dial capture, data bus decoding, or cloud servers
- Communicates over GSM cellular networks
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-C1M14GSM
- Compatibility: Supports GSM cellular networks (for CDMA networks, see ELK-C1M1CDMA)
- Frequencies Supported: 850/1900MHz
- Operating Voltage: 12 VDC
- Standby Current: 85mA
- Max Operating Current: 230 mA
- Supplied Antenna: Dipole screw-on
- Power and I/O: 4 position plug-in terminals
- LAN (Local Area Net): RJ45 10/100 Receptacle
- RS232 Input Port: 3 pin mini plug-in
- USB Serial Port: Type "B" USB Mini
- Operating Environment: Indoor Use Only
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 85 percent humidity (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 5.4 x 1.3 inches
- FIPS 197 Compliant: Certificate No. 3352
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years