Elk 2-Way Wireless Smoke Detector
Detector Senses Smoke & Heat
Designed for use with a wireless ready Elk M1 controller, the Elk 2-Way Wireless Smoke Detector integrates into an Elk home system. When multiple detectors are installed, one sensor can wirelessly activate all sensors upon smoke or heat detection. It can also automatically notify your central monitoring station. These features help ensure safety for the entire family and facilitate an immediate emergency response to fire.
- Detects smoke with a photoelectric sensor
- Includes fixed and rate-of-rise temperature detection
- One detector activates all detectors in system
- Built-in diagnostics and drift compensation
- Works with the Two-Way Wireless Transceiver
Reliable Wireless Communication
The Elk Wireless Smoke Detector works with the Elk Two-Way Wireless Transceiver to send and receive wireless signals to/from the Elk M1 controller. Two-way technology allows the system to continually monitor and adjust RF signals, delivering reliable wireless communication and extended battery life.
Powerful Smoke Detection Technologies
Suitable for both residential and commercial applications, this photoelectric smoke detector provides rapid "rate-of-rise" temperature detection and fixed temperature heat detection (135 degrees F).
Built-in self-diagnostics and drift compensation help maintain the sensor for long life. Diagnostics monitor sensitivity and operation status, while drift compensation automatically adjusts sensitivity to account for dust that accumulates on the sensor over time. This reduces the frequency of required cleanings, as well as false alarms.
- Smoke Detector
- Mounting Baseplate
- Mounting Screws and Anchors
- (2) CR123A Lithium Batteries
- User Guide
Note: Requires the Elk Two-Way Wireless Transceiver (sold separately).
Premium Products For Security & Automation
Elk Products designs and manufactures quality electronic equipment for the professional security alarm and home automation installer. Our products include siren drivers, speakers, relays, timers, programmable controls, surge suppressors, telephone equipment, amplifiers, recordable units, batteries and more.
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-6050
- Operating Voltage: 3 VDC
- Average Standby Current: 10 µA
- Maximum Alarm Current: 30 mA
- Battery Type: 3V Lithium x 2, Panasonic CR123A, Duracell DL123A (meets UL minimum 1 year life expectancy requirement)
- Smoke Detection: Photoelectronic
- Sensitivity: 0.88 to 3.63 percent per foot
- Heat Detection:
- Fixed: 135° F ± 5° F (57.2° C ± 2.8° C)
- Rate-of-Rise: 15° F/min>105° F (8.3° C/min>40.6° C)
- Built-in Sounder: 85 dBa at 10-foot temporal pattern
- Battery Trouble Threshold: 2.75V
- Low Battery Beep Rate: 1 every 45 seconds
- Wireless Frequency: 902 – 928 Mhz frequency hopping
- Maximum Wireless Range: 200 feet
- Dimensions: 5.6(W) x 2.4(H) inches (14.2cm x 6.1cm)
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 100° F (4.4 to 37.8° C)
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 95 percent non-condensing
- Agency Listings: UL268