DoorBell Fon S-Series Door Answering System, SlimLine, Aluminum (Open Box)
Speak With Visitors At Your Door Via Telephone
Forget the traditional doorbell. When you install the DoorBell Fon S-Series Door Answering System (SlimLine), your new door station allows you to answer your door by phone. This complete kit comes with an intercom station that installs on your door trim like a doorbell and a control unit that connects the door station to your telephone. When a visitor presses the button on the door station, your phone rings and you can answer to talk with your visitor.
- Narrow door station mounts on door trim like a doorbell
- Landline phone service is not required
- Triggers phone to ring when visitor presses doorbell button
- Controller supports up to two door stations
- Optional accessory (not included) can trigger existing doorbell chime
Available Colors: Aluminum or Black
The Heart of the System
The Doorbell Fon Main Controller is the base unit for the Doorbell Fon Answering System. When the button on the Door Station is pushed by a visitor, the Controller signals your phone to ring with a distinct tone that is different from a regular voice call. No programming or codes are needed. Just answer the telephone like you would for a regular call.
The control unit requires connection to only one incoming line and one door station. A second door station may be added to the controller to operate another entryway. The controller installs using a single pair of wire for power, control, signaling and voice. Any add-on components install on the same single pair.
S-Series Door Station
The SlimLine Door Station allows you to easily fit an intercom station on your door trim like a regular doorbell button. Rather than having a door station and a doorbell button, you can replace your existing doorbell button and avoid confusing visitors.
- Rubber pad included for angle compensation on door trim
- No external power required: powered by the controller
- LED button lights up when the Door Station is activated
A special awning protects the door station from the elements and gives your door a stylish look. This super thin Door Station is manufactured in sturdy aluminum, and available with either a powder-coated black finish or a silver finish.
You can daisy-chain multiple controllers together to support additional Door Stations, if needed. With optional accessories (not included), you can also expand functionality of your Doorbell Fon system. Optional accessories include:
- Inbound Trigger Relay (DP29-CI): Triggers external devices when a visitor presses the Door Station button. Can trigger external door chimes, cameras, lights, etc.
- Telephone Keypad Relay Trigger (DP29-SW): Triggers an electronic door strike, allowing the user to unlock a door via telephone.
- Doorbell Fon Main Controller
- S-Series Door Station, Slimline
Note: Requires a telephone, not included. Landline phone service is NOT required.
DoorBell Fon: Your Door-To-Phone Intercom Solution
Tired of walking all the way across your home or office just to answer the door? Wouldn't it be easier to simply answer the door – from your phone? The DoorBell Fon Door Intercom Station is just what you're looking for! The DoorBell Fon will bring Simplicity, Safety, and Convenience to your home.
Simplicity: The DoorBell Fon is simple to install. All you need is two wires from the Door Intercom connecting to the Main Controller and your phone line to pass through this Main Controller. That's it! No programming and no codes to worry about. Don't want to run new wires from your door? No problem! Just use your existing doorbell wires to connect to the Main Controller.
Safety: With the DoorBell Fon, you get the intrinsic safety feature of a door intercom system. You're notified that someone is present and can communicate without physically being at the door. If you add a 3rd party camera hidden behind our discrete camera slot, you can see who is there as well. With our Door Strike Controller and a door strike, you can even open the door from your phone.
Convenience: With the DoorBell Fon, you have the convenience of answering and opening the door from any room with a phone. No more leaving the comfort of your couch to answer the door. No more hurrying to get dressed when the doorbell rings. No more rushing out of the bathroom when someone is at the door. You don't have to drop what you're doing just to let someone in your home!
- Power Requirements: 117VAC/60Hz, 0.1A, 12 Watts
- Fuse 1: 250 VA, 0.5A
- Fuse 2: 250 VA, 0.25A
- Output: 17-28VDC (Voice), 750Vrms/25 ±2Hz (Ringing)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120° F
- Dimensions: 5.8125 x 3.875 x 1.75 inches
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
S-Series Door Station (Slimline)
- Power: Circuit Board (no external power required)
- With awning: 5-3/8 x 1-15/16 x 1-5/16 inches
- Without awning: 5-3/16 x 1-3/4 x 15/16 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pound
- Frequency Response: 400~2.8kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Peak Power: 0.5W
- Microphone Frequency Response: 200~6.8kHz