Home Controls Chicken Coop Motor Kit with Timer & Power Adapter
Feed Your Hens on an Automated Custom Schedule
With the Home Controls Chicken Coop Motor Kit with Timer & Power Adapter, your chicken coop door can open and close automatically according to a custom schedule. This complete kit lets you easily protect your hens and eggs without getting out of bed, or even going home. Every day, the Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Motor makes sure your chickens go in and out on schedule to save you time and hassle. Connect the Motor to the included American Hunter Digital Timer to regulate feeding settings. The digital timer allows you to open/close the coop door up to 8 times per day with an adjustable run time of 1 to 30 seconds. The timer comes pre-wired to add an optional solar panel (sold separately) for use in areas without electricity. Simply connect the Chicken Coop Motor to the Digital Timer and power source... and relax.
- Chicken Coop Motor connects to the American Hunter Digital Timer for a custom open/close schedule
- Set one or multiple door openings and closings each day
- Stops door at open and closed positions you set; no counter-weight needed
- Lifts and lowers a coop door up to 5 pounds
- Chicken Coop Motor can also work with an X-10 controller (sold separately)
Timed schedules can enhance egg production by exposing hens to longer periods of daylight and preventing them from re-entering the coop too soon. The motor can also foil small predators such as mice and snakes that sneak in to steal eggs after your hens are out. Raccoons, foxes, dogs, cats, coyotes, etc. eventually give up and go elsewhere. The motor can even manage heat inside the coop.
The Chicken Coop Motor works similar to a fishing reel. It has a reversible motor with adjustable stop settings. The motor can lift and lower a door up to 5 pounds, with door openings up to 25 inches. If your door swings open, you can convert it to vertical lift by installing it in side-channels.
- Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Motor (AD20)
- American Hunter Digital Timer (AHUTM)
- Mounting Bracket
- AC/DC Power Adapter
- Lift Cable
- "I can leave my chickens for the weekend and not worry."
- - Steve, Vermont
- "My chickens make a ruckus if I don't open the door on time, and then my neighbors complain. My problem is I can't get up at that hour because of my schedule. I really appreciate the good sleep that I now get because of this motor."
- - Cindy, California
- "My husband gave it to me as a gift. I thought it was silly but now I'd never give it up."
- - Robin, Texas
- "Nice product... saves me time... and I don't lose sleep wondering if I closed the door."
- - Jack, Missouri
- "I don't lose chickens and eggs to varmints like I used to. Motor paid for itself in a few months."
- - Meg, Oregon
In 2009, Add-a-Motor found a hidden market with literally millions of potential customers. They discovered that in the USA alone, there are tens of millions of chicken coops, and many millions more around the globe. Most are family owned with 10 to 20 chickens raised for fresh eggs and meat. Add-A-Motor also learned that chicken coop owners have the same problem early every morning without fail. They must open the coop door to let their chickens out to feed. In the evening, when chickens re-enter the coop, the door must be closed to protect them from predators and the elements.
For a busy family, it's a challenge to keep up this routine 7 days a week, 365 days a year. At least, it was a challenge until Add-A-Motor specially designed the Chicken Coop Motor. And since, customers have been vocally appreciative of the convenience and peace of mind the motor provides.
Chicken Coop Motor (AD20)
- Max. Holding Weight: 5 pounds
- Max. Door Opening: 25 inches
- Power Adapter: 120 volts AC, 60Hz
- Battery (optional): 12-volt, 8Ah or greater (not included)
- Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 2.5 inches
- Power: 24V, ±1.25 VDC, 0.25A max, 30W
American Hunter Digital Timer (AHUTM)
- Adjustable Feed Rate: 1 to 30 seconds
- Feeds: 1 to 16 different times a day
- Input Voltage: on 6 or 12 volts
- Set Up: 16 custom settings and 2QSET
- Doors: Add-A-Motor recommends that you make your coop door from Plexiglas, aluminum, marine plywood, or two-side tempered Masonite. These materials offer trouble-free operation.