Channel Vision U-Verse Ready IR Kit
IR Repeater Kit for Modern Cable Boxes
Extend remote control range for several A/V devices, including popular cable boxes like U-Verse, with the Channel Vision U-Verse Ready IR Kit. This complete kit is an IR repeater system that allows you to operate IR-controlled devices from up to 1,000 feet away, even when they're hidden inside a closet or behind a cabinet door. All parts are compact for easy, versatile installation. It's great for controlling all types of A/V devices, including TVs, DVD players, stereos, Blu-ray players, and more.
- Extends IR remote control range up to 1,000 feet
- Advanced IR technology supports popular modern cable boxes
- Includes two dual-head IR emitters to control 4 IR devices
- Hub provides 3 IR emitter outputs to control up to 6 devices total
- Adjustable emitter signal ensures reliable repeating
- Two LEDs indicate power and IR signal status
Compatible with U-verse, Cisco, Scientific Atlanta & Motorola
With an enhanced IR receiver that features Channel Vision's latest IR technology, this IR repeater set is designed to precisely repeat the IR codes of today's most popular cable boxes, including U-verse, Cisco, Scientific Atlanta, and Motorola. The receiver automatically adjusts sensitivity to match the codes, providing reliable remote control from up to 1,000 feet away.
How It Works
The U-Verse Ready IR Kit consists of three main components: the IR receiver, the IR hub, and the IR emitters. Because the two included emitters have dual heads, each one can control two different IR devices, supporting up to four devices. You can add one more IR emitter (sold separately) to control six devices total.
One emitter head mounts over each of your A/V devices' integrated IR receivers. Both included dual-head emitters have a cord to connect to the IR hub, and the IR hub connects to the IR receiver. When you point your IR remote at the IR receiver and press a button, the receiver accepts the IR command and repeats it to the IR hub. The IR hub then routes your command to the IR emitter, and the emitter relays the command to the IR receiver on your A/V device.
The IR hub is small enough to hide inside an A/V equipment cabinet, either mounted or simply placed on a flat surface. The tiny IR receiver head should be placed in an inconspicuous location outside the cabinet/closet.
The receiver connects to the hub using either the direct plug-in cable or via 3-wire screw terminal. The hub is powered by the included plug-in adapter. Two LEDs on the hub indicate power and IR data reception status.
- IR Receiver (IR-2401)
- IR Hub (IR-1204)
- (2) Dual-Head IR Emitters (IR-3002)
- Power Supply, 12V
Total Package Solution
Channel Vision has been a leading manufacturer of RF video distribution products, structured wiring enclosures and modules, home intercoms, security cameras, and high-performance audio/video distribution systems since 1993. Channel Vision manufactures a growing list of products designed to make today's homes more convenient, safe, and innovative.
- Manufacturer Part #: IR-5011
- Color: Black
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC 500mA Regulated
- IR Frequency Range Supported: 30 kHz – 60 kHz
- Maximum IR Receivers: 6
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Voltage Requirements: 8-12VDC
- IR Pickup Range: 40 feet @ 38 kHz; 25 feet @ 56 kHz
- IR Receiver Head Dimensions: 0.65 x 0.35 x 0.25 inches
IR Repeater Hub
- Voltage Requirements: 8-12VDC
- IR Emitter Outputs: 3
- Dimensions: 1.10 x 1.03 x 4.25 inches