Chamberlain Wi-Fi & MyQ Garage Door Opener, Medium Lift Power, AC Belt Drive
Quiet, Smartphone-Controlled Garage Door Opener with MEDIUM Power
Bring new convenience to your garage with the Chamberlain B550 Wi-Fi & MyQ Garage Door Opener (MEDIUM Lift Power, AC Belt Drive). This ultra-quiet, smart garage door opener features built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to open/close the door from anywhere with a free mobile app on your smartphone or tablet (iOS and Android), while also receiving status and activity notifications.
- Open/close the door with a free app, handheld remotes, wall buttons, and more
- Includes 2 remotes, outdoor keypad, 2-button indoor wall control panel
- MED Lift Power System™ delivers effortless lifting and reliable performance
- Compatible with additional MyQ accessories and HomeLink (sold separately)
- Wall Control Panel provides 2 control buttons: 1 for garage door, 1 for lights
- Timer-to-Close feature automatically closes door after a specified time period
- Safety Sensors prevent door from closing on people, pets, objects
- Free mobile app/site – no monthly fees
- Sends optional push notifications or emails about real-time activity
- 10-Year Warranty on motor; 15-Year Warranty on belt
Remote Control Options
As part of a complete kit, the Chamberlain MyQ WiFi Garage Door Opener comes with two (2) handheld remotes, a wireless outdoor keypad, and an indoor wall-mount control panel with two (2) buttons: one for garage door control and one for turning the lights On/Off. Additional control options are provided by the opener's built-in MyQ Wireless compatibility for use with MyQ Wireless accessories (sold separately), as well as built-in HomeLink compatibility for optional connection to your vehicle's integrated remote control system.
Ultra-Quiet & Strong Belt Drive with MEDIUM Lifting Power
The Chamberlain MyQ WiFi Garage Door Opener features a super strong steel-reinforced belt drive and is built from high-grade materials for exceptional performance, reliability, and quiet operation. Powered by Chamberlain's MED Lift Power System™, the B550 delivers lifting force equivalent to 1/2 HP for effortless lifting and reliable performance you can count on.
Two Built-In Garage Lights
Two 100-watt standard or CFL bulbs (not included) provide ample light for confident and safe movement around the garage. And the Wall Control Panel allows you to turn on the lights as well as the open/close the garage door.
Includes Remotes, Wall Controls, and More
The Chamberlain MyQ WiFi Garage Door Opener includes two (2) 3-button TriBand™ frequency remotes that let you control a combination of up to 3 openers or Chamberlain MyQ interior light modules (sold separately). Exclusive TriBand™ technology boosts remote range up to 1,500 feet for a quicker entrance and exit.
Also included is the wireless exterior keypad that permits access with a four-digit secure code. Unmatched Security+2.0Â® 100 Billion code encryption protects against hacking, and Posilock™ anti-theft protection assures that once the door closes, it stays locked.
Additionally, included Safety Sensors project an invisible beam preventing the garage door from closing on people, pets, or other objects.
About the MyQ Mobile App
The free MyQ Smart Garage Control mobile app for Apple/Android smartphones and tablets (and the matching mobile website for non-iOS/Android users) gives you remote control over your Chamberlain MyQ WiFi Garage Door Opener and other MyQ wireless devices. You can also set schedules and receive activity alerts as mobile push notifications or emails, or both.
Furthermore, linking the MyQ app to partner apps offers more enhanced control options such as garage door voice control or geo-fencing (may require an accessory purchase or subscription fee. Subscription fee applies after 30-day free trial ends. Visit www.chamberlain.com/technology-partners for more details.)
HomeLink In-Vehicle Remote Control System
If you have HomeLink built into your vehicle's interior (such as the mirror, visor, or overhead console), you can program it to control the Garage Door Opener.
NOTE: The Compatibility Bridge™ (not included) is necessary for certain vehicles. Visit bridge.chamberlain.com to find out if a Bridge is needed.
You can also optionally purchase additional MyQ wireless devices for use with the hub, such as MyQ visor garage door remotes, MyQ keychain remotes, MyQ remote control lamp modules and switches, and more (all sold separately).
Garage Door Compatibility & Installation Details
The Chamberlain MyQ WiFi Garage Door Opener works with both sectional and one-piece garage doors. However, the garage door opener should NOT be installed on a one-piece door if using devices or features providing unattended close*. Unattended devices and features are to be used ONLY with sectional doors.
The garage door can measure up to 7 feet in height with standard hardware. A rail extension kit (sold separately) is required for a larger door measuring 8 feet (8808CBP) or 10 feet (8810CB-P). All standard installation hardware is included in this complete kit. Installation is made simple by pre-programmed remotes, the snap-lock rail system, and online installation videos.
The included Safety Sensors project an invisible beam preventing the garage door from closing on people, pets, or other objects.
*Note: The Timer-to-Close (TTC) feature, the MyQ app, and MyQ Garage Door and Gate Monitor are examples of unattended close and are to be used ONLY with sectional doors. Any device or features that allows the door to close without being in the line of sight of the door is considered unattended close.
- B550 Garage Door Opener
- Dual-Function Wall Control Panel
- (2) 3-Button Remotes
- Wireless Keypad
- The Protector System:
- Sending Sensor
- Receiving Sensor
- (2) Safety Sensor Brackets
- Installation Hardware
- Owner's Manual
- For residential use only.
- DO NOT install on a one-piece door if using devices or features providing unattended close. Unattended devices and features are to be used ONLY with sectional doors. The Timer-to-Close (TTC) feature, the MyQ app, and MyQ Garage Door and Gate Monitor are examples of unattended close and are to be used ONLY with sectional doors. Any device or features that allows the door to close without being in the line of sight of the door is considered unattended close.
- Smartphone control requires 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection and a compatible mobile device with the free MyQ app downloaded.
- Linking MyQ to partner apps for more enhanced features such as voice control or location based garage door closing may require an accessory purchase or subscription fee. (Subscription fee applies after 30-day free trial ends.) Visit chamberlain.com/myqpartners for more details.
- Light bulbs are not included. Use ONLY A19 incandescent (100W max) or compact fluorescent (CFL, 26W max) light bulbs.
- MyQ Smartphone Control WILL NOT work if the garage door opener is operating on battery power.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The CHB550 cannot be purchased for CA residences in accordance with California law SB-969, which requires all residential applications of garage door openers to be equipped with a battery backup. The CHB970 may be purchased for use in California.
Chamberlain is Your Welcome Home
Made by an absolute powerhouse in home control manufacturing, Chamberlain garage door openers and other smartphone-enabled products can be found in homes throughout the world. Not only do Chamberlain products offer reliability, intelligence, and efficiency, they also bring simplicity to the installation side of home control. Enhance your life the easy way with Chamberlain.
Smartphone Control Requirements
- Smartphone or other mobile device
- Router with 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Broadband internet connection
- Password for your home network
- MyQ serial number located on the Garage Door Opener
- Latest version of Chamberlain MyQ App (free)
- Android: Version 5.0 and up.
- iOS: Version 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- The CHB550 cannot be purchased for CA residences in accordance with California law SB-969, which requires all residential applications of garage door openers to be equipped with a battery backup. The CHB970 may be purchased for use in California.
- Manufacturer Part #: B550
- Voltage: 120V
- Includes Battery Backup Capability: No
- Motor: MED Lift Power equivalent to 1/2 HP
- Drive Type: Belt
- Max. Door Height: 7 feet
- Max. Open Size: 7 feet
- Radio Frequencies: 310, 315, 390 MHz
- Number of Lights: 2
- Lighting Compatibility: Uses A19 incandescent (100W max) or compact fluorescent (CFL, 26W max) light bulbs (not included).
- Max. Wattage:
- Total Max Wattage: 200 Watts
- Each Light: 100 Watts
- Installed Product Weight: 32 pounds
- Approvals: UL/cUL
- Motor: 10 Years
- Belt: 15 Years
- Parts ' Accessories: 1 Year