Aprilaire 8800 Universal Communicating Touchscreen Thermostat
Features Universal System Compatibility
The Aprilaire Communicating Thermostat adds a touch of class to any decor and is easy to install. With universal compatibility, this thermostat can replace your old thermostat or integrate into a new system.
The thermostat’s large touch screen (with adjustable backlight) displays room temperature, room humidity, temperature setting, and optional outdoor temperature. It also includes air filter, humidifier, dehumidifier, and HVAC service indicators to help you keep your system running smoothly. The message center provides feedback and instructions.
Easily customize your thermostat with its versatile programming features. You can separately program weekday/weekend schedules or program a full 7-day schedule. Programmable fan control includes fan circulation mode. The thermostat is also configurable to control a humidifier and dehumidifier.
Easy to use temperature control can override your program schedule at any time. Progressive recovery ensures proper temperature at the start of a program event. A built-in compressor protection prevents damage to your equipment.
- Large touch screen with adjustable backlight – constant backlight available.
- Message center provides feedback and instructions.
- 7 day programmability or separately programmable weekday/weekend schedules.
- Thermostat can be removed from the wall for easy programming (batteries must be installed).
- Front battery door access for fast, easy replacement.
- Displays room temperature, room humidity, temperature setting, and optional outdoor temperature.
- Air filter, humidifier, dehumidifier, and HVAC service indicators.
- Programmable fan control with fan circulation mode.
- Easy to use temperature control can override program schedule at any time.
- Progressive recovery ensures proper temperature at the start of a program event.
- Built in compressor protection prevents damage to your equipment.
- RS485 communications ready.
- Universal system compatibility.
- Configurable to control a humidifier and dehumidifier.
You’ve probably heard about computers running factories and businesses. Well, with the technology advances today, we’re able to run our homes too. At a basic level, home automation is connecting your home’s security, audio/video and lighting to one central computer, sometimes called a system controller. Home automation eliminates the need to continually set and reset multiple thermostats located throughout a building or home. Like with lighting and security, it lets homeowners monitor, set, and control all indoor heating and cooling functions from that same centralized location. The Communicating Thermostat is the unit that talks to the centralized or home computer to maintain the comfort throughout large homes with the advantage of seeing and changing all the thermostats from one location. Any structure that has three or more thermostats or uses multiple heating and air conditioning units can benefit from the convenience of HVAC Automation.
- Optional temperature and relative humidity support modules for elaborate applications
- Dual fuel operation (lockout of heat pump w/ call for back-up fossil fuel heat)
- Commercial and residential applications (2 or 4 events per day)
- Remote indoor sensor option w/ 8051/8053 sensors (not included)
- Temperature offset ± 8°
- Integrated dual fuel kit w/ high and low balance point control (requires 8052 sensor – not included)
- Geothermal water to water friendly – B and O de-energize in the off mode to prevent unnecessary heating and cooling of the buffer tank
- 2H/2C Conventional and 4H/2C Heat Pump Universal Thermostat – One stat fits all applications
- Configurable manual heat/cool or auto changeover modes
- Configurable heating and cooling, heating only or cooling only operation
- Direct connect an outdoor and indoor sensor
- On board Relative Humidity sensor
- Configurable to control humidifier and dehumidifier
- Large, easy-to-wire terminal block
- Adjustable differential for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th stages
- Maintenance reminders – Humidifier, air filter, dehumidifier, HVAC
- Global reports outdoor temperature to all thermostats on the network
- Circulate fan mode
- Programmable fan
- Progressive recovery
- Built-in equipment protection
- Equipment stage indication
- High and low setpoint temperature limits
- "Copy" function for quick and easy programming
- Multiple hold options maximizes comfort and energy savings
- Vacation hold
- Customizable timed hold
- Permanent hold
- Real time clock automatically adjusts for daylight savings time
- Permanent memory – programming and date isn’t lost during a power outage
- Battery back up maintains clock
- Large 10.3 sq. in. touch screen
- Large font size
- Fully back lit w/ constant low intensity light option
- Exclusive message center (provides feedback and real language instructions)
- Displays outdoor temp (w/ optional 8052 sensor)
- Real language programming/set up – no manual needed
- Full or limited screen lockout
- Control range: 45° to 99° F (7° to 32° C)
- Display range: 32° to 99° F (0° to 40° C)
- Accuracy: ± 1° F (± .5° C)
- Storage temperature: -30° to 140° F (-34.4° to 60° C)
- Operating humidity: 5% to 90% relative humidity
- Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 120° F (0° to 48.9° C)
- Shipping temperature range: -30° to 140° F (-34.4° to 60° C)
- 4 15/16" High x 6" Wide x 1 5/16" Deep
- 24 VAC (18-30 VAC)
- 1 amp maximum load per terminal
- 2.5 amp total maximum load (all terminals)
- AC Power: 18-30 Volt AC
- DC Power: 3.0 Volts DC (2 "AA" Alkaline batteries included)
- Standard systems gas, oil, electric
- Single stage/heat pump/multi-stage
- Terminal Designations: R, C, W, W2, Y, Y2, G, B, O, T1, T2, S2, S1, T1, T2, A-, B-, A+, B+, RSA, RSB
»Aprilaire 8800 Universal Communicating Thermostat Specifications (.pdf)
»Aprilaire 8800 Universal Communicating Thermostat Owner’s Manual (.pdf)
»Aprilaire 8800 Universal Communicating Thermostat Installation Instructions (.pdf)
»Aprilaire 8800 Universal Communicating Thermostat System Installation (.pdf)