A&D LifeSource Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Everyday Monitor for Your Home
The A&D LifeSource Basic Blood Pressure Monitor provides a simple, reliable way for you to check your blood pressure and pulse rate at home or while traveling. Designed for ease-of-use by the average person, the monitor features single-button operation and comes with a comfortable "SlimFit" arm cuff that automatically inflates – no hand pumping needed.
- Provides simultaneous readout of blood pressure and pulse rate
- Stores up to 15 readings in built-in memory
- Alerts you to the presence of an irregular heartbeat
- Includes Medium size arm cuff (other sizes available)
The blood pressure monitor provides a simultaneous readout of systolic and diastolic blood pressure and pulse rate, and stores your last 15 readings in its built-in memory. The monitor also has a unique Irregular Heartbeat feature that alerts you to the presence of an irregular heartbeat during reading. The monitor provides blood pressure and pulse rate measurements even when an irregular heartbeat occurs.
- SlimFit Cuff: Free of latex and metal, the included arm cuff is safe and comfortable to wear.
- Pressure Rating Indicator: Provides a snapshot of your blood pressure classification according to the US JNC7 guidelines.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detection: Alerts you to an irregular heartbeat while still providing an accurate reading.
How It Works
LifeSource blood pressure monitors are easy to use, accurate and digitally display full measurement readouts. The technology is based on the oscillo-metric method – a noninvasive blood pressure determination. The term "oscillation" refers to any measure of vibrations caused by the arterial pulse. This monitor examines the pulsatile pressure generated by the arterial wall as it expands and contracts against the cuff with each heartbeat.
The cuff is inflated until the artery is fully blocked. The inflation speed is maximized and the pressure level is optimized by the device. The monitor takes measurements while the cuff is both inflating and deflating. This results in a faster measurement providing greater comfort to the user.
Blood pressure measurements determined with this device are equivalent to those obtained by a trained observer using the cuff/stethoscope auscultation method within the limits prescribed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI/AAMI SP10) for electronic sphygmomanometers.
The Basic Blood Pressure Monitor is powered by batteries or a plug-in power adapter (not included). It comes with a Medium size arm cuff, designed to fit upper arms measuring 9 to 14.6 inches around. Small and Large cuffs are available separately.
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Arm Cuff, Size Medium
- Quick Start Card
- Instruction Manual
Note: Batteries and power adapter are not included.
A&D Telemedicine Sensors
A&D has established a global market leadership position in serving the healthcare industry. A&D's foundation of providing oscillometric blood pressure monitors for both professional and home use since 1980 provided a solid foundation for development of this next generation line of products. A&D's telemedicine product line was introduced in 1995 in response to a growing demand in the research sector for telemedicine solutions. At that time, leading Japanese electronics companies turned to A&D due to our solid reputation as a specialist in innovative, high quality blood pressure monitoring solutions.
Since then, A&D is recognized as the supplier of choice for the development of telemedicine sensors in partnership with medical research and commercial companies worldwide.
- Manufacturer Part #: UA-611
- Dimensions: 3.8(W) x 5.1(D) x 2.7(H) inches (97 x 130 x 69mm)
- Weight: 8.1 ounces (230g) without batteries
- Display: 34.9 x 54.2mm (view area)
- Memory: Last 15 measurements
- Pressurization: Automatic, using micropump
- Deflation: Constant air release valve system
- Type: Oscillometric
- Pressure: ±3 mmHg
- Pulse: ±5 percent
- Pressure Range:
- Systolic Pressure: 60 to 279 mmHg
- Diastolic Pressure: 40 to 200 mmHg
- Pulse: 40 to 180 beats per minute
- Power Source: 4 x 1.5V batteries (R6P, LR6 or AA)
- Operating Environment: 50° to 104° F (10° to 40° C); 800 to 1060hPa
- Storage Environment: -4° to 140° F (-20° to 60° C)
- Approvals: CE, ISO 13485:2003
- Warranty: 5 Year