American Pacific Gas Water Heater Controller Model 3
Schedule Your Gas Water Heater to Turn On/Off
Tired of wasting money by heating your gas water heater 24/7? Now you can schedule the heater to turn on and off with the American Pacific Gas Water Heater Controller (Model 3, Honeywell Valve). This simple, reliable controller replaces the control knob on your water heater's gas valve, so it can turn the heater on and off for you!
- Keeps your gas water heater from firing when not in use
- Reduces your monthly gas bill by up to 30 percent
- Fits Honeywell valve knob that turns counterclockwise to OFF position
- Works with plug-in timers and automation devices
- Easy to install in approximately 10 minutes
- Universal bracket attaches to any traditional water heater
Available Types: Natural Gas or Propane
Match Your Valve to the Correct Controller Model
The gas water heater controller comes in three different models for the three different types of gas control valves found in homes today. This Model 3 controller fits a Honeywell gas control valve that has a knob that turns counterclockwise into the OFF position.
To help you choose the correct controller model (1, 2, or 3) the images below show the types of valves available. Determine which image matches yours and purchase the corresponding controller model.
Save Money with On/Off Scheduling
The Gas Water Heater Controller can be programmed using a plug-in timer or automation device to fit your family's schedule. You can schedule it to turn on in the early morning, for example, to heat water for morning showers. Once you leave for work, the controller can then turn the heater off to help reduce your energy bill. And when you return home at night, you can have it turn back on for nighttime showers. With such a schedule, you can reduce gas burner usage by up to 45 minutes each day, or 27,000 btus, saving you up to 30 percent on monthly energy costs.
Easy Programming with 3rd-Party Automation
The gas water heater controller has a three-prong outlet on the top where you will plug in a third-party plug-in timer (sold separately). You can easily integrate the controller into your home automation system with the appropriate type of plug-in device, such as an X10 Mini Timer (MT14A / XMPT1), or an X10 Plug-In Appliance Module (AM466), or a Z-Wave plug-in module (all sold separately). A suitable Z-Wave module, for example, is the GE Z-Wave Plug-In Appliance Module (model 12719).
The gas water heater controller replaces your gas valve's control knob, slipping onto the control shaft behind the knob to become the new "knob". It comes pre-assembled and has an integrated universal bracket that holds it securely in place. The attached 2-prong power cord plugs into any standard 110VAC outlet.
- Timer not included.
- This controller is NOT compatible with any Power Vented Water Heater. The gas valve looks similar, but it will not work with the controller. If you have a Power Vented Water Heater, you can use a standard appliance timer or any Z-Wave or Wi-Fi appliance module to control the water heater.
- The color of your valve doesn't matter; red, black and white all work the same.
Save Money With Help From American Pacific
American Pacific focuses on developing "green" technology that saves people money and reduces their impact on the environment. Founded by electrical engineers Larry Davis and Jeff Davis, American Pacific is backed by decades of technical expertise in energy efficiency. Their flagship product, the Gas Water Heater Timer, represents another great accomplishment in their careers.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Natural Gas: APGWHC3-Natural
- Propane: APGWHC3-Propane
- Power: 110VAC
- Approvals: UL, Sierra Club GreenHome, GreenPeople
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited