Aeotec aërQ Temperature & Humidity Sensor
Watch for Dangerous Temperatures, Humidity, and Mold Within a Room
Know when environmental factors within a room become too uncomfortable with the Aeotec aërQ Temperature & Humidity Sensor. This 3-in-1 environmental sensor features aërQ technology used to monitor indoor temperature, humidity, and air quality within a single room and sends data to your Z-Wave automation hub. The aërQ Temperature & Humidity Sensor is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers, allowing it to provide real-time updates and trigger automation scenes within your network. It also includes Z-Wave S2 security, which will enhance your device's performance with faster automation, advanced signal encryption, and better battery life.
- Wirelessly detects temperature, humidity, and air quality
- aërQ technology allows the sensor to determine the possibility of mold growth based on air quality of a room
- Capable of triggering automation scenes in response to set environmental factors
- Z-Wave Plus certified for wide compatibility
- Small size (1.38 inches) allows it be placed anywhere indoors
- Can send notifications to your smartphone when motion is detected (requires compatible Z-Wave controller with mobile app)
Monitor Indoor Environments in Three Different Ways
Temperature – Manage heating and cooling and keep a space perfectly temperate; aërQ technology monitors and reports temperatures between -10°C and 65°C (14°F and 149°F) and with an accuracy of ±2°F.
Humidity – AërQ technology can measure a space's relative humidity at ranges between 0% and 80% and with an accuracy of ±3%.
Air Quality – AërQ technology calculates the potential for mould spores forming based on measured poor quality air.
Z-Wave Plus v2 Certification
Z-Wave Plus v2 is an upgraded Z-Wave certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the latest Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 700 Series or Gen7 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus v2 compatible devices include extended wireless range up to 2600 ft/800 m, three layers of encryption, faster operation, and longer battery life.
The Aeotec aërQ Temperature & Humidity Sensor comes with a double-sided tape to mount onto virtually any flat surface. If your Z-Wave controller/hub features SmartStart compatibility, you can scan the QR code on the sensor through your Z-Wave hub's mobile app and the sensor will be automatically included into your Z-Wave network.
If your Z-Wave controller/hub does not include SmartStart functionality, then the sensor can be added into your Z-Wave network by setting your hub to inclusion mode and tapping the tamper switch on the sensor 3 times within 1 second.
- aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Battery type CR2477H 3V
- User Guide
- Double-sided Tape for Magnet
Notes: Requires a compatible Z-Wave controller, sold separately.
Harmonizing The Digital Home With Z-Wave
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZWA009
- Z-Wave Plus Certified: Yes
- Security: S2 native
- Z-Wave Version: Series 700 and Gen7
- Z-Wave SDK: 7.12 or later
- QR Code Inclusion: SmartStart native
- Repeater: No
- Beaming: No
- FLiRs: Yes
- Battery: CR2477 3V Lithium (LiMnO2)
- Battery Life: With factory default setting up to 2 years
- Wireless Range:
- Indoors: 164 feet (50 m)
- Outdoors: 492 feet (150 m)
- Humidity Range: 0 to 80 percent
- Temperature range: -10 to 65°C (± 1°C) / 14 to 146°F (± 1.8°F)
- Dew point range: -10 to 65°C (± 1°C) / 14 to 146°F (± 1.8°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 to 95%
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C / 32°F to 113°F
- Storage temperature: -30°C to 70°C / -20°F to 158°F
- Dimensions: 35 x 35 x 18 mm / 1.38 x 1.38 x 0.7 in
- Water proofing: IP20 rating
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited