Aeotec Z-Wave Plus TriSensor Multi-Sensor, Gen5
"Z-Wave Plus" 3-In-1 Sensor
As a 3-in-1 sensor, the Aeotec Z-Wave Plus TriSensor Multi-Sensor (Gen5) packs a lot of monitoring power into one small, elegant device. The Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 detects motion, temperature, and ambient light, and reports data back to your Z-Wave controller. With Z-Wave Plus certification, the Z-Wave multisensor is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers. The Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 also includes Z-Wave S2 security, which will enhance your home security with faster automation, improved anti-hacking, advanced encryption, and better battery life.
- Wirelessly detects motion, temperature, ambient light
- Z-Wave Plus certified for wide compatibility
- S2 security provides advanced encryption, better battery, faster automation, and improved anti-hacking
- Small size (1.77 inches) allows it be placed just about anywhere, indoors or outdoors
- Can send notifications to your smartphone when motion is detected (requires compatible Z-Wave controller with mobile app)
Monitor The Room In Three Different Ways
- Motion: The Aeotec Z-Wave Plus TriSensor Multi-Sensor detects motion accurately within 31 feet (263 feet maximum) indoors, perfect for monitoring activity in any average-sized room in your home. The Z-Wave multisensor also improves home security by turning on connected lights when motion is detected in the dark. This will provide more light for your cameras to enhance recorded footage. Plus, once the TriSensor is connected to a compatible Z-Wave controller, the Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 can send notifications to your smartphone if motion is detected when you're not home.
- Temperature: Maintain the perfect room temperature while conserving energy by letting the Z-Wave multisensor's temperature sensor communicate with and trigger your other Z-Wave devices (such as a Z-Wave thermostat or motorized window coverings). Built into each Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 is an incremental temperature sensor that accurately measures between 14° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C) and reports significant changes back to your Z-Wave controller.
- Ambient Light: Automate your Z-Wave controlled lights with help from the Z-Wave multisensor. The built-in digital light sensor detects ambient light levels ranging from 0 lux to 3,000 lux with Ã‚Â±3% accuracy, allowing you to program Z-Wave lights and curtains to create the perfect ambiance at any time of day. the Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 can also turn off lights in rooms when motion is no longer detected, minimizing energy use and utility costs.
Z-Wave S2 Security
- Faster Automation: You'll experience a faster Z-Wave wireless performance speed by more than 50%, providing seamless automation and reduced latency down to milliseconds.
- Advanced Encryption: Z-Wave Plus and Gen 5 will be enhanced with S2 security's added layer of AES 128-bit encryption of wireless signals and pro-security grade UL 1023 compliance.
- Improved Anti-Hacking: A third layer of security with Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) secure key exchange is added with S2 security. Common hacks such as man in the middle and brute force are virtually powerless.
- Better Battery Life Because ECDH and AES-128 bit reduces Z-Wave Plus' wireless data transfer speeds, 66% less battery life is used by security communication. Faster speeds means faster home security.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
The Aeotec Z-Wave Plus TriSensor Multi-Sensor comes with a mounting arm for installation on a wall or in a corner with freedom to adjust and rotate the sensor. The Z-Wave multisensor can also be placed on a desk, kitchen counter, table, or flat surface. Alternatively, you can install the Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 in a wall or ceiling using the Aeotec Recessor Mount (part # DSE010, sold separately). The Recessor Mount minimizes the Z-Wave multisensor's extrusion from the wall to only 12mm (less than 1/2 inch), and provides magnetic clasps to allow easy removal of the sensor.
- Mounting Arm
- Double-Sided Tape
- (2) Screws
- Requires a compatible Z-Wave controller, sold separately.
- Battery not included.
- Avoid pointing sensor directly towards light and heat sources.
Harmonizing The Digital Home
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZWA005
- 3 Sensors:
- Light Intensity (lux)
- Z-Wave Plus Certified: Yes
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 series
- Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- S2 Security:
- AES 128 bit communication encryption
- ECDH (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman)
- Operating Distance:
- Up to 263 feet indoors maximum (80 meters)
- Up to 328 feet outdoors maximum (100 meters)
- Mains Power: No
- Repeater: No
- Standby Current: 25 uA
- Working Current: up to 36mA
- Battery Power:
- 1 x CR123A, 3V, 1500mAh
- Min Voltage = 2.6 VDC
- Max Voltage = 3.2 VDC
- Light Accuracy: ±30 lux
- Light Range: 0 - 30,000 lux
- Temperature Accuracy: ±1.8°F (±1°C)
- Temperature Range: 5°F to 122°F (-15 to 50C)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)
- Dimensions: 1.77 x 1.77 x 1.46 inches (44.96 x 44.96 x 1168.4 mm)
- Weight: 50 grams
- Certifications: CE, FCC, RCM, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year