Aeotec Z-Wave Nano Switch with Power Metering, Gen5
Slip Z-Wave Control Behind A Wall Switch
Turn an existing in-wall appliance switch into a remote controlled switch by adding the Aeotec Z-Wave Nano Switch with Power Metering, Gen5. This newly improved mini controller is 60% smaller than the Micro Switch, but comes with Aeotec Gen 5 and power metering technology. The Z-Wave Nano Switch is designed to fit behind your wall switch, completely hidden from view. Just grab a Z-Wave controller, point, and click for remote control of your switched appliance!
- Adds Z-Wave wireless control to an existing switch
- Fits behind most in-wall appliance switches
- Built-in meter monitors energy consumption
- Wireless range up to 492 feet from controller
As part of Aeotec's Generation 5 series, the Nano Switch brings improved connectivity and performance. Gen 5 technology is the cutting edge of Z-Wave technology, featuring the widest Z-Wave compatibility possible as well as enhanced security, battery life, and signal strength.
Built-In Energy Meter
In addition to Z-Wave technology, the Z-Wave Nano Switch also features an integrated energy meter to help you manage your energy consumption and reduce costs. Energy consumption will be displayed in the user interface of the gateway/controller (if supported). For even more energy savings, put the switch on a timer using a compatible Z-Wave timer or software (sold separately).
Simple, Universal Installation
The switch uses your existing wires, whether the wiring is simple or complex. Use the switch in single-pole, leading or trailing edge, and 2 and 3-wire installations.
- Powerful Control: Up to 15 amps of power can be controlled by Nano Switch while 10 amps of power can be controlled by Dual Nano Switch.
- Gen5: Powered by Z-Wave Plus, Nano Switch is built with Aeotec's Gen5 technology.
- Safe Wiring: Because it carries high amps, Nano Switch only works with outlets and switches that use a neutral wire to avoid stray voltage issues.
- Full Scheduling: Even if your gateway has connection issues, Nano Switch can be scheduled to switch on and off independently on a timer.
- Strong Signal: Nano Switch has a more powerful +2.5dBM wireless signal, offering a 50% greater wireless range up to 492 feet wide (150 meters).
- DIN Rail: Nano Switch can be paired with a generic DIN housing/module box for DIN rail compatibility.
- Monitors Energy: Nano Switch comes with Aeotec's energy metering technology, which records electricity use with 99% accuracy.
- Wireless Update: With Z-Wave Plus technology, Nano Switch allows firmware updates to be wirelessly installed.
- Small & Safe: Can safely fit behind a wall switch due to its slender shape. Measures: 1.65 x 1.6 x 0.98 inches (4.2 x 4 x 2.5 cm). Dual Nano Switch provides twice the control 1.73 x 1.6 x 0.98 inches (4.4 x 4 x 2.5 cm).
- Easy Wiring: Quicker and easier to wire, Nano Switch is 60% smaller than previous in-wall switches and can connect to wire 25% thicker than past modules.
- Secure Control: With the power of Gen5, Nano Switch provides banking-grade, AES-128 bit encryption to protect the wireless communication your connected home runs and depends on.
- Low Voltage Too: Great with both high and low voltage, Nano Switch can control various 24VDC low powered devices such as light strips, alarms, doorbells, and more.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
Harmonizing The Digital Home With Z-Wave
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZW116
- Operating Frequency: 921.42MHz
- Max Standby Power: 0.8W
- AC Power Supply: Input/Output 120V 60Hz,15A Max.
- Range: Approx. Up to 492 feet (150m) outdoors
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40° C
- Relative Humidity: 8 – 80 percent
- Certifications: FCC, cUL, CE, ROHS
- Warranty: 1 Year