Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6, Gen5
"Z-Wave Plus" 6-in-1 Sensor
As a six-in-one sensor, the Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6 (Gen5) packs a lot of monitoring power into one small, elegant device. The sensor detects motion, vibration, temperature, humidity, ambient light, and UV light, and reports data back to your Z-Wave controller. With Z-Wave Plus certification, the Multi-Sensor 6 is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers.
- Detects motion, vibration, temperature, humidity, ambient light, UV light
- 70% smaller than the previous Multi-Sensor model
- Z-Wave Plus certified for wide compatibility
- Improved outdoor range up to 500 feet
Monitor the Room in Six Different Ways
- Motion – The Multi-Sensor 6 detects motion up to 16.4 feet away within 120 degrees, perfect for monitoring activity in any average-sized room in your home.
- Vibration – A slight vibration of the built-in seismic sensor can indicate multiple events, including tampering, intrusion, or an earthquake. If the wall shakes where the sensor is installed, for example, this could indicate movement caused in a variety of ways. Perhaps a burglar in another room has bumped into the other side of the monitored wall. Although that room has no sensor in it, the sensor on the other side will feel the vibration enough to alert you to the intrusion.
- Temperature – Maintain the perfect room temperature while conserving energy by letting the Multi-Sensor 6's temperature sensor communicate with and trigger your other Z-Wave devices (such as a Z-Wave thermostat or motorized window coverings). Built into each Multi-Sensor is an incremental temperature sensor that accurately measures between -40° to 257° F (-40° to 125° C) and reports significant changes back to your Z-Wave controller.
- Humidity – The Multi-Sensor 6 measures the room's humidity ranging from 0% to 100%. Like the temperature sensor, the built-in incremental humidity sensor can help you manage your home's temperature and energy use, as well as cleanliness. If the sensor is installed in your bathroom, for example, you could trigger a Z-Wave controlled fan to turn on when the Multi-Sensor 6 detects increased humidity.
- Ambient Light – Automate your Z-Wave controlled lights with help from the Multi-Sensor 6. The built-in digital light sensor detects ambient light levels ranging from 0 lux to 1,000 lux, allowing you to program Z-Wave lights and curtains to create the perfect ambiance at any time of day.
- UV Light – By measuring ultraviolet (UV) light, the Multi-Sensor 6 allows you to monitor for unique health risks and causes of property damage. Measured inline with the World Health Organisation's UV Index, the Multi-Sensor 6 measures a room's UV levels so that high levels can be reduced through automated curtains, or shades. This helps prevent risks like eye damage and furniture bleaching.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
The Multi-Sensor 6 comes with a mounting arm for installation on a wall or in a corner with freedom to adjust. The mounting arm allows you to rotate the sensor up to 360° and adjust its field of view by up to 50° . You can alternatively install the sensor in-wall/ceiling using the recessor (sold separately), which minimizes the sensor's extrusion from the wall to only 12mm (less than 1/2 inch). The recessor provides magnetic clasps to allow easy removal of the sensor.
- Multi-Sensor 6
- Mounting Arm
- USB Cable
- Double-Sided Tape
- (2) Screws
Note: Requires a compatible Z-Wave controller, sold separately. Optional batteries not included.
Harmonizing The Digital Home
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZW100-A
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 series
- Frequency: 908.42 MHz (U.S.)
- Wireless Range: 492 feet (150 m)
- Motion Detection Range: Up to 16.4 feet (5 m) within 120° field of view
- Temperature Measurement Range: -40° to 40° C
- Humidity Measurement Range: 0% to 100%
- Light Measurement Range: 0 lux to 1,000 lux
- Accuracy: ±0.2 percent
- Security: AES 128 bit communication encryption
- Power Supply: USB DC 5V or battery power (2) CR123A batteries, 3V, 1500mAh); Batteries not included.
- Battery Life: 2 years
- Weather Rating: IP20, Use outdoors by disabling motion sensor and using the 5 other sensors
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 80 degrees C
- Operating Humidity: 20 to 80 percent; Accuracy: +/-5 percent RH (at 25 degrees C)
- Dimensions: 1.65 x 1.65 inches (42 x 42mm)
- Weight: 2.61 ounces (74g)
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year