Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 6
Ultra-Thin, Paintable Door/Window Sensor
Monitor the open/closed status of a door, window, cabinet, safe, or any other open/close object with the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 6 (Gen5, U.S.). The uniquely designed, ultra-thin sensor not only offers a super low profile, it can also be painted to blend into the object you're monitoring, becoming nearly invisible. With Z-Wave Plus certification, the sensor is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers.
- Ultra-thin profile at only 0.35 inch thick
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Sensor may be painted to match the monitored object
- Receives over-the-air firmware updates
- Uses AES-128 wireless data encryption to stay secure
The door/window sensor consists of three components: the main sensor, which mounts onto the door/window itself, and two small magnets, which mount onto the frame or in the crack of the door/window. When the sensor is separated from the magnets and/or joined again, the sensor sends a Z-Wave signal to your Z-Wave network. (The size of Magnet 2 is a little larger than Magnet 1, so the magnetism of Magnet 2 is stronger than the Magnet 1.)
The sensor mounts with the included screws or double-sided tape. Each magnet mounts with double-sided tape. The battery-powered sensor comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 6 months. When the battery is low, simply recharge it by plugging it in with the included USB cable.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 6
- Back Mounting Plate
- (2) Magnets
- (2) Pieces of Double-Sided Tape
- (3) Screws
- USB Cable
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately. Wireless firmware updates are available via Microsoft Windows or select Z-Wave controllers. For indoor use only. Should not be mounted on a metal frame.
Harmonizing The Digital Home
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZW112
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Frequency: 908.4 MHz (U.S.)
- Color: White
- Material: ABS plastic
- Max. Gap:
- Magnet 1: 0.63 inch (1.6 cm)
- Magnet 2: 0.98 inch (2.5 cm)
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Lithium battery, 3.7 V, 500mAh
- Battery Life: 6 months on full charge
- Battery Charger Input: Micro USB port, 5VDC ±0.5V, max 1A
- Operating Distance: Up to 492 feet (150 m) outdoors
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Relative Humidity: 8 to 80 percent
- Water Proofing: IP20 (Indoor use only)
- Sensor: 2.83(H) x 0.35(D) inches (72 x 9 mm)
- Magnet 1: 1.18 x 0.24 x 0.079 inches (30 x 6 x 2 mm)
- Magnet 2: 1.18 x 0.39 x 0.079 inches (30 x 10 x 2 mm)
- Approvals: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, CE, C-Tick, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year