Aeotec Nano Shutter
Add Z-Wave Control To Motorized Devices
Add Z-Wave control to a motorized home device such as an awning, curtain, skylight, gate, or garage door with the Aeotec Nano Shutter. This mini controller features Aeotec Gen 5 and Z-Wave Plus technologies, and is 60% smaller than the Micro Switch, making it easier to install behind a motor switch. The Nano Shutter can be wired directly to the motor or be wired to the wall switch that controls the motor. It can also be connected to the Aeotec WallSwipe (sold separately) for touch and gesture control. As soon as the Nano Shutter is installed you'll be able to control your motorized device in a variety of ways via Z-Wave using your home controller, remote control, smartphone app, or wall switch. You can also add the device to a schedule or include it in a smart home scene.
- Adds Z-Wave wireless control to motorized devices such as awnings, curtains, skylights, gates, garages, and more
- Fits behind most in-wall appliance switches
- Wireless range up to 492 feet from controller
- Small size (1.7 x 1.6 x 0.8 in) makes it easy to install
- Z-Wave Plus certified
Z-Wave S2 Security
Faster Automation – You'll experience a faster Z-Wave wireless performance speed by more than 50%, providing seamless automation and reduced latency down to milliseconds.
Advanced Encryption – Z-Wave Plus and Gen 5 will be enhanced with S2 security's added layer of AES 128-bit encryption of wireless signals and pro-security grade UL 1023 compliance.
Improved Anti-Hacking – A third layer of security with Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) secure key exchange is added with S2 security. Common hacks such as man in the middle and brute force are virtually powerless.
Better Battery Life – Because ECDH and AES-128 bit reduces Z-Wave Plus' wireless data transfer speeds, 66% less battery life is used by security communication. Faster speeds means faster home security.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Nano Shutter
- Requires a compatible Z-Wave controller, sold separately.
- Nano Shutter is intended for indoor use in dry locations only. Do not use in damp, moist, and/or wet locations.
- Keep product away from open flames and extreme heat. Avoid direct sunlight or heat exposure.
- All connection wires need to be flexible cables.
Harmonizing The Digital Home
Formerly Aeon Labs, Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZW141
- Power Input: 120 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Repeater: Yes
- Beaming: Yes
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 series
- Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- S2 Security:
- AES 128 bit communication encryption
- ECDH (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman)
- Power Output:
- Motor Type: Single-phase AC asynchronous motor
- Max Load Rating: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, Max:2.5A
- Wiring Terminals: N, L, IN, OUT1, OUT2, S1, S2, Touch Panel
- N – Power input for neutral
- L – Power input for live
- IN – Input for load power supply
- OUT1 – Output for Motor direction 1
- OUT2 – Output for Motor direction 2
- S1 – External switch 1 control for Motor
- S2 – External switch 2 control for Motor
- Operating Distance: Up to 492 feet outdoors maximum (150 meters)
- Max Standby Power: <0.8W
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.6 x 0.8 in (42.5 x 40 x 20 mm)
- Environment of Installation:
- Must be installed indoors
- Should be located in a dry location
- Should be installed in a fire resistant plastic gang box
- Should not be installed in a metal gang box for optimization of Z-Wave range
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity: 8% to 80%
- Certifications: CE, FCC, RCM, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year