Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7
Add a New 3-in-1 Sensor to Your Security System
Monitor the open/closed status of a door, window, cabinet, safe, or any other open/close object with the Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 7. This miniscule door/window sensor discreetly monitors your chosen entryways or important storage with its simple design and reduced size. With Z-Wave Plus certification and S2 encryption, the sensor is one of the fastest performing and most secure sensors in the market.
- 3-in-1 Sensor: Open/close contact, tilt, and tamper sensors within 1 device
- Ultra-small profile at only 3 inches long
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Receives over-the-air firmware updates
- Spatial Intrusion Algorithm provides enhanced predictive security and automation
The Door/Window Sensor 7 consists of two parts: the main sensor which mounts onto the door/window itself, and the magnet which mounts onto the door/window frame. When the two components are separated, the sensor sends signals to up to 7 Z-Wave devices to alert of the change in status or to trigger security or automation events. Alternatively, the sensor also includes a tilt detection function that allows it to report how a window is opened. The window must be tilted at an angle of at least 5 degrees in order for the sensor to detect it.
The sensor mounts with the included screws or double-sided tape. Each magnet mounts with double-sided tape.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the “Next-Gen” Z-Wave hardware platform. Initially known as 500 Series or Gen5, the latest version of Z-Wave Plus is known as Gen7 Z-Wave or 700 Series. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements include longer battery life, faster operation, and better & more secure wireless range and connection.
- Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 7
- (2) Magnets
- (4) Pieces of Double-Sided Tape
- (4) Screws
- 4 Screw Plugs
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately. Wireless firmware updates are available via Z-Wave controllers. For indoor use only. Should not be mounted on a metal frame.
Harmonizing The Digital Home
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZWA008
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Frequency: 908.4 MHz (U.S)
- Color: White
- Material: ABS plastic
- S2 Security: Yes
- Smart Start: Yes
- Battery Type: One ½ AA battery
- Battery life: 3 years assuming 5 open and 5 close events per day
- Tilt Detection: must be over 5 degrees
- Operating distance: Up to 50 meters outdoors, Up to 164 feet outdoors
- Operating humidity: 10 to 95%
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F)
- Storage temperature: -30°C to 70°C (-20°F to 158°F)
- Water proofing: IP20 rating
- Dimension of Sensor: 0.75 in H x 2.8 in W x 0.7inches D (19mm x 71mm x 18mm)
- Dimension of Magnet: 0.13 in H x 0.78 in W x 0.43 inches D (8mm x 20mm x 11mm)
- Warranty: 1 Year