Add-A-Motor Drapery Motor for Existing Drapery
Install Drapery Control In Minutes!
Add-A-Motor’s Automatic Drapery Opener (ADO) provides an economical way to open and close your draperies and vertical blinds.
Installation of this electric curtain opener takes about 15 minutes! The Add-A-Motor 80 drapery motor attaches to the loop end of your window covering cord or chain without modification. The motor has a loop-end system for cord or ballchain; no need to cut or replace drapery cords.This electric curtain opener can traverse drapery or vertical blinds up to 12’ wide (center opening) and 10’ wide one-way opening. Stop positions for the Add-A-Motor 80 drapery motor are independently adjustable: all the way open, all the way closed, and all in between.
- Affordable and easy to install.
- Quiet motor.
- Automatic stops at full open and closed positions. Can also stop at any intermediate position.
- In event of a power failure, motor can be disengaged to permit manual operation of the drapery
- Ideal for home theater curtains, living room drapery, dining rooms, bedrooms, dens, over patio doors, church baptisteries, convention booth curtains, hotels, much more.
- AC-DC adapter with 6 foot cord is included.
Timer Control Option
Plug the Add-A-Motor 80 drapery motor into a basic lamp timer switch. Your window covering then automatically open and close on a schedule. This electric curtain opener gives an "at-home" look that can enhance your home security; this also adds convenience, and automatic operation eliminates the daily chore of manually opening and closing the window covering. The timer is optional, and is available at most hardware and retail stores.
Note: Remote not included. This motor is for indoor use only. Other use will invalidate manufacturer’s warranty. If you need a motor for your chicken coop door, please use Add-A-Motor part D20 (Home Controls Part AD20).
Convenience, Security & Energy Savings
Add a motor to your present drapery or vertical blinds without modification. Since 1996, this has been one of our best selling items.
- One-way opening track:
- With wheel carriers: Maximum opening 10 feet.
- With sliding carriers: Maximum opening 8 feet.
- Center-opening track:
- With wheel carriers: Maximum opening 12 feet.
- With sliding carriers: Maximum opening 10 feet.
- Maximum fabric weight: 35 pounds.
Note: Not approved for lifting and lowering a shade. Not approved for curved or decorative drapery track.