Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Motor (Open Box)
Specifically Designed For Chicken Coops
With the Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Motor, your chicken coop door can open and close automatically according to a customizable time schedule. Easily protect your hens and eggs without getting out of bed, or even going home. Every day, the Add-A-Motor Chicken Coop Motor makes sure your chickens go in and out on schedule to save you time and hassle. Simply plug it into your lamp timer switch or controller... and relax.
- Set one or multiple door openings and closings each day
- Stops door at open and closed positions you set. No counter-weight needed.
- Lifts and lowers a door up to 5 pounds
- Plugs into your timer switch or X-10 controller (sold separately)
You can set one or multiple door openings and closings each day. Timed schedules can enhance egg production by exposing hens to longer periods of daylight and preventing them from re-entering the coop too soon. The motor can also foil small predators such as mice and snakes that sneak in to steal eggs after your hens are out. Raccoons, foxes, dogs, cats, coyotes, etc. eventually give up and go elsewhere. The automatic chicken door opener motor can even manage heat inside the coop.
The Chicken Coop Motor works similar to a fishing reel. It has a reversible motor with adjustable stop settings. The automatic chicken door opener motor can lift and lower a door up to 5 pounds, with door openings up to 25 inches. If your door swings open you can convert it to vertical lift by installing it in side-channels.
- Chicken Coop Motor
- Mounting Bracket
- AC/DC Adapter
- Lift Cable
Note: Timer/controller sold separately.
"I can leave my chickens for the weekend and not worry."
"My chickens make a ruckus if I don't open the door on time, and then my neighbors complain. My problem is I can't get up at that hour because of my schedule. I really appreciate the good sleep that I now get because of this motor."
"My husband gave it to me as a gift. I thought it was silly but now I'd never give it up."
"Nice product... saves me time... and I don't lose sleep wondering if I closed the door."
"I don't lose chickens and eggs to varmints like I used to. Motor paid for itself in a few months."
In 2009, Add-a-Motor found a hidden market with literally millions of potential customers. They discovered that in the USA alone, there are tens of millions of chicken coops, and many millions more around the globe. Most are family owned with 10 to 20 chickens raised for fresh eggs and meat. Add-A-Motor also learned that chicken coop owners have the same problem early every morning without fail. They must open the coop door to let their chickens out to feed. In the evening, when chickens re-enter the coop, the door must be closed to protect them from predators and the elements.
For a busy family, it's a challenge to keep up this routine 7 days a week, 365 days a year. At least, it was a challenge until Add-A-Motor specially designed the Chicken Coop Motor. And since, customers have been vocally appreciative of the convenience and peace of mind the motor provides.
- Max. Holding Weight: 5 pounds
- Max. Door Opening: 25 inches
- Power Adapter: 120 volts AC, 60Hz
- Battery (optional): 12-volt, 8Ah or greater (not included)
- Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 2.5 inches
- Doors: Add-A-Motor recommends that you make your coop door from Plexiglas, aluminum, marine plywood, or two-side tempered Masonite. These materials offer trouble-free operation.
- Controllers: Add-A-Motor recommends AC lamp timer switches, X-10 control, or battery with 12-volt timer. Dusk-to-dawn controllers are not recommended, because on overcast or stormy days, especially in winter, they can prematurely close the door and leave your hens locked-out overnight.