ABB-Welcome Telephone Gateway
Answer ABB Door Entry Calls by Telephone
The ABB Telephone Gateway allows you to answer and make calls from/to outdoor stations in your ABB Door Entry System through a landline telephone, or even a mobile phone when used in conjunction with the IP Gateway (sold separately). This turns your phone into an audio indoor station! You can also control outputs, such as unlocking a door or switching on a light, through the telephone's keypad. It works by dialing your phone number, and routing the system call to your phone like a regular phone call.
- Routes calls from outdoor stations to a telephone by dialing the phone number
- Allows call answering, making calls, door unlock, etc.
- Works with or without official ABB Indoor Stations
- Configures as an analog subscriber of your telephone system
- Optionally calls mobile phones when used with IP Gateway (sold separately)
Setup & Installation Details
While you can use any analog, DECT, ISDN, or IP telephone(s), the Gateway has to be configured as an analog subscriber of your telephone system. Settings are programmed through at least one telephone via DTMF. When the Telephone Gateway is used in conjunction with the optional IP Gateway (sold separately), settings are also accessible over the Internet.
The Gateway mounts onto a DIN rail (sold separately) according to DIN EN 50022.
NOTE: Requires 2-wire connection to a System Controller, sold separately. Also requires a telephone and configuration as an analog subscriber of your telephone system.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- ABB Door Entry System including System Controller and at least one Outdoor Station
- Phone system (i.e. PBX) with analog input
- At least one telephone for configuring via DTMF
- Manufacturer Part #: 83350-500
- Operating Temperature: -13° to 131°F (-25° to 55°C)
- Protection: IP20
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 0.75 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 0.75 mm2
- Telephone Line Clamps: 0.2mm2 – 1.5mm2
- Bus Voltage: 28 ± 2V
- Dimensions: 3.54 x 2.83 x 2.56 inches (90 x 72 x 65 mm)
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station