ABB-Welcome Mini System Controller
Controller for Standard ABB Door Entry Systems
As the brains of a standard ABB Door Entry System, the ABB Mini System Controller connects system components together, allowing communication throughout the system. This Mini Controller, as opposed to the larger System Controller (sold separately), is ideal for single-residence homes and small businesses. It offers Bus Voltage at 0.65A (28 VDC) and Mains Voltage at 100-240V (50/60 Hz, 1A). The controller also supports use as an auxiliary BUS power supply when connected to a Gateway (sold separately). Overheat, short-circuit, and lightning protection help prevent damage to your system.
- Provides power and communication to system components
- Operates in either "All On" or "One On" mode
- LED indicates system operating status
- Simple DIN rail mounting for clean installation
Each component, such as an outdoor station or indoor station, connects to the controller with two wires. Suitable wire (sold separately) includes doorbell wire, Cat5, coax, or any other one pair of twisted pair wiring (no need to double up). Multiple indoor stations may be daisy-chained together.
Two Modes of Operation
The Mini System Controller operates in one of two different modes when multiple indoor stations are included in the system: "all on" or "one on". You can easily switch between modes by flipping the switch on the face of the controller.
- All On: If there is an incoming call, all indoor stations in the same residence ring together and all video screens turn on at the same time.
- One On: If there is an incoming call, all indoor stations in the same residence ring together, but only the master indoor station's screen turns on.
The system controller supplies the other bus subscribers with voltage and controls communication on the 2-wire bus. Starting from the system controller, the 2-wire bus is divided into two parts — the internal bus and external bus. The internal bus is the bus for controlling devices of indoors or sub insulated system devices. In the building system, it refers to the bus line from system controller to the last indoor station. In the networked system, it refers to the bus line from system controller to the last gateway.
The external bus is the bus for controlling devices of outdoors of the same insulated system and outdoor related system devices. In the building trunk system, it refers to the bus line from system controller to outdoor station. In the networked system, it refers to the bus line from system controller to the gate station.
All branches of the wiring system terminate via a connected bus device (e.g., indoor station, outdoor station, system device). The controller itself is designed to mount onto a DIN rail (not included) according to DIN EN 500022.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- Manufacturer Part #: M2301
- Operating Temperature: -13° to 131°F (-25° to 55°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C)
- Protection: IP20
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Mains Voltage: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 1A
- Bus Voltage: 28 ± 2VDC, 0.65A
- Size: 4U
- Dimensions: 3.54 x 2.83 x 2.56 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station