WGL Rain8II X10 Sprinkler Controller (2-Way)
Usually ships within 4-7 business days
Automates Sprinklers Like X10 Devices
The WGL Rain8II X10 Sprinkler Main Controller (2-Way), 8 Zones is a full-featured, 8-zone irrigation controller that links your sprinklers to your X10 system, giving you easy control of your irrigation system right from your computer or the internet. Turn sprinklers on/off and program a watering schedule the same way you program X10 devices. It's that easy.
- Control sprinklers like an X10 device
- Two-way system confirms that signals are received
- Default run timers for each zone can be disabled if desired
- Responds to X10 "All Units Off" command
With two-way capability, you can determine which irrigation zones are on and which are off. The controller gives you the power to poll irrigation zones to determine their on/off status. It also allows your computer to send a command to the module then check if the command was carried out. If not, the computer can automatically send the command again.
How It Works
The X10 Rain8 requires the use of a home automation program (or any X10 control device) to generate X10 power line carrier signals to start and stop each zone. The actual timing controls, are located in the controlling device. This provides an easy way to adjust run times for seasonal irrigation changes. As a safeguard, you can set the maximum "valve on" time for each zone anywhere from one second to 250 minutes. This guarantees that the sprinkler valve turns off even in the absence of an X10 OFF command. As each sprinkler valve has its own default setting, this guarantees a minimum of wasted water in the advent of a lost X10 signal.
Additional units may be daisy chained to provide a maximum of 256 zones of operation.
- Serial Port Connector
- RJ11 Cable
- Power Adapter
- Hook-and-Loop Mounting Fasteners
Required XTBIIR, PSC05, TW523 or 1132b Powerlink X10 power line interface is not included.
Rain8 Puts Sprinkler Control Back In Your Hands
Many people have given up on making changes to their sprinkler system. They leave it in the hands of the gardener. Some units on the market today are equipped with LCD displays, but they lack the ability to display the vital feedback and information that Rain8 provides. Advantages of using a Rain8 include: Program your schedule and zone run times with your PC or remotely over the Internet. Program complex schedules in a snap. Create a wireless system with the easy to use and inexpensive Palm Pad. Easily configure qualifying events. With Rain8, you're in control.
- Manufacturer Part #: 30005
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Size: 3.8 x 2.4 x 1 inches
- Operating Temperature: 20 to 125 degrees F indoor or outdoor (if mounted in weatherproof enclosure)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Voltage: 24 to 27VAC, 50 or 60hz, 120VAC to 24V, 20VA, class 2
- Controller Current: 30mA
- Sprinkler Valve Voltage/Current: 24 VAC, 500mA max sustained per zone
- 12 Place, Plug In Terminal Strip:
- Terms 1 to 8: sprinkler valves 1 to 8
- Term 9: sprinkler valve common
- Term 10: no connection
- Terms 11 and 12: 24VAC from transformer
- PC (RS-232 Serial Port): DB9
- Power Line Interface: RJ11