WGL Rain8II X10 Sprinkler Expansion Module (2-Way)
Usually ships within 4-7 business days
Expands Your Rain8II X10 System
This expansion controller allows you to control eight additional zones with your Rain8II X10 system. Multiple controllers can be daisy-chained together to control up to 256 zones.
- Turn on or off each zone individually
- Turn off all zones on all modules
- Get the current status of any zone
With two-way capability, you can determine which irrigation zones are on and which are off through the WGL Rain8II X10 Sprinkler Expansion Controller (2-Way), 8 Zones. The controller gives you the power to poll irrigation zones to determine their on/off status. It also allows your computer to send a command to the module then check if the command was carried out. If not, the computer can automatically send the command again.
- No limit on number of zones that may be active at once
- Optional run timers for each zone (1 sec to 250 minutes)
- Responds to the X10 "All Units Off" command
How It Works
The X10 Rain8 requires the use of a home automation program (or any X10 control device) to generate X10 power line carrier signals to start and stop each zone. The actual timing controls, are located in the controlling device. This provides an easy way to adjust run times for seasonal irrigation changes. As a safeguard, you can set the maximum "valve on" time for each zone anywhere from one second to 250 minutes. This guarantees that the sprinkler valve turns off even in the absence of an X10 OFF command. As each sprinkler valve has its own default setting, this guarantees a minimum of wasted water in the advent of a lost X10 signal.
- 8 Zone Expansion Controller
- Modular Cable
- Modular Splitter
Note: You will need to order a splitter (80069) if you want to share a PSC05 power line interface and do not already have one.
Rain8 Puts Sprinkler Control Back In Your Hands
Many people have given up on making changes to their sprinkler system. They leave it in the hands of the gardener. Some units on the market today are equipped with LCD displays, but they lack the ability to display the vital feedback and information that Rain8 provides. Advantages of using a Rain8 include: Program your schedule and zone run times with your PC or remotely over the Internet. Program complex schedules in a snap. Create a wireless system with the easy to use and inexpensive Palm Pad. Easily configure qualifying events. With Rain8, you’re in control.
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Size: 3.8 x 2.4 x 1 inches
- Operating Temperature: 20 to 125 degrees F, indoor or outdoor (if mounted in weatherproof enclosure)
- Voltage: 24 to 27VAC, 50 or 60hz, 120VAC to 24V, 20VA, class 2
- Controller Current: 30mA
- Sprinkler Valve Voltage/Current: 24VAC, 500mA max sustained per zone
- 12 Place, Plug In Terminal Strip:
- Terms 1 to 8: sprinkler valves 1 to 8
- Term 9: sprinkler valve common
- Term 10: no connection
- Terms 11 and 12: 24VAC from transformer
- PC (RS-232 Serial Port): DB9
- Power Line Interface: RJ11