VeraEdge Z-Wave Home Controller
Order now and we'll ship same business day (if ordered before 3 p.m. PST).
DIY Z-Wave Hub for One-App Control
With the VeraEdge Z-Wave Home Controller, you can remotely control all of your Z-Wave and IP devices through a single mobile app or your computer. VeraEdge features Z-Wave Plus certification to support more than 1,200 Z-Wave products from a wide range of manufacturers. Control door locks, cameras, thermostats, automation modules and more from anywhere you have Internet access. No monthly fees are required! As a DIY controller, it's easy to set up through an intuitive question-and-answer process. Simply plug it in, sign into your free account, and complete a short setup interview.
- Manages up to 220 Z-Wave and IP devices total
- Z-Wave Plus certification for wide compatibility
- Control all devices and view cameras from one app
- Supports custom scenes and sequences
- Expands with downloadable VERA Edge applications
- Compact size, less than 4 inches wide
Powerful & Intuitive User Interface
The VeraEdge Z-Wave Home Controller gives users access to the advanced Vera UI7 app for iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices (also accessible via PC), which makes initial setup, daily system control, and new device inclusion exceptionally easy.
The Vera UI7 Dashboard brings all of your Z-Wave devices into a single user interface. Here, you can put your home in different modes (Home, Night, Away, or Vacation), view the status of all devices, monitor your home's energy consumption, and control any device(s) within the system. The dashboard is also customizable, so you can pin your most-used devices to the front for quick, easy access.
- Custom Automation Scenes: Use one Z-Wave device to trigger another, or schedule automatic events based on time of day, sunrise/sunset, etc.
- Geofencing & Advanced Occupancy Sensing: Locate users based on cell phone location to know who is arriving/leaving and to set up automated events (i.e. turn your lights on as you get close to home).
- Push Notifications: Receive text and/or email alerts for specific events. Be notified, for example, when your children arrive home, motion is detected in the basement, etc.
- Improved Access Control: Easily give household members access to the system with their own PINs and simple PIN management.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also know as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
The controller connects to your router (or other Internet source) via Wi-Fi or with the included Ethernet cable. It plugs into a power outlet using the included power adapter. Because it does not have an On/Off switch, the controller immediately turns on when plugged in. After the controller has been turned on, you can set it up through a free account at home.getvera.com.
The controller has three ports on the back: one power input, one Ethernet jack, and one USB port. Five LEDs indicate status for Power, Internet, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, and Service.
- VeraEdge Home Controller
- Power Supply
- Ethernet Cable
Note: Requires an Internet connection.
Vera: Smarter Home Control
Vera Control, Ltd is more than a home automation manufacturer with great products; it's a company on a mission – a mission to "make the connected world a simpler and more affordable place". Vera products are carefully developed to be energy-efficient, eco-friendly, and easy to use. With Vera Control, you are simply in control.
- Powered by a 600MHz MIPS SoC
- 128MB of flash memory and 128MB of RAM
- Z-Wave Plus chip and 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Manufacturer Part #: VeraEdge
- CPU: 600MHz MIPS SoC
- Flash Memory: NAND 128MB
- Memory: DDR2 128MB
- USB Port: 1
- WAN Port: 1
- Wireless: Z-Wave Plus and 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Dimensions: 4.55(H) x 3.13(W) x 1.2(D) inches
- Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS, Z-Wave Plus
- Power Supply:
- Input: AC 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output: DC 12V/1A
- Warranty: 12 Months
Vera Smartphone App
Vera puts the convenience, freedom, and peace of mind that a smart home provides right in the palm of your hand. From any smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can view and manage your home – from the comfort of your couch, or from halfway around the world.
Download this app directly from the App Store. Click below.
Ratings & Reviews
So far, so good
by David in Redmond -
Setup was easy except that the instructions say to connect the device, power it up and wait for all lights on the panel to be solid on with no blinking. The internet light will continue to blink, even though the setup was successful.
I have 3 appliance controllers (Leviton) and one in wall light switch (GE/Jasco) configured. All were super easy to add to the network. Creating scenes has been very straightforward also.
Great controller, love remote login
by Consure -
I took a star off because of the painful initial setup. It worked initially out of box but before setting it up fully I wanted to update the firmware to the latest. It took me 2 days of messing around, reading forums and restarting/resetting the device to get it to come to the point where I could start setting things up again. Since then its been working great and I love the ability I have to login from work or anywhere over the internet, as well as use the Windows Phone app (wife uses the Android one) to see status and set alarms.